Corsair Community

Windows 8.1

Warboy

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Corsair Employee
I have not tried Windows 8.1 so I cant comment on it but if its BETA not final release I know we will not work on it till its in RC2 or final release. A lot of us already been there done that before with pre-release software only to find it totally change in its final release and had to write new code to over come it.

I have not tried Windows 8.1 so I cant comment on it but if its BETA not final release I know we will not work on it till its in RC2 or final release. A lot of us already been there done that before with pre-release software only to find it totally change in its final release and had to write new code to over come it.

Rumor is it is RC/RC2, Due out in August from the sound of it. I don't know if you want to contact people at microsoft to confirm that. But considering this Preview is available via the Windows Store. You should consider supporting it.

I've got the same problem since my update to Windows 8.1 preview:

Corsair Link software dosen't show the pump & fan speed anymore (show as 0 rpm):mad:

I hope they're going to fix this in the final release!

Their not even detected on my side. I'm assuming the driver is bad since Windows 8.1 uses WDDM 1.3 [normal 8 used 1.2, 7 used 1.1]

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry but all I can tell you is that it is not supported and we only just added support for Windows 8 so I do not expect support for the next version of Windows till 6-12 Months after its official release. However, I would see if you can install in Compatibility mode for Windows 7 and make sure it is installed as an administrator.

I am sorry but all I can tell you is that it is not supported and we only just added support for Windows 8 so I do not expect support for the next version of Windows till 6-12 Months after its official release. However, I would see if you can install in Compatibility mode for Windows 7 and make sure it is installed as an administrator.

No that doesn't work, Already tried that. It needs a new driver for the internals. Test it yourself. This is basically a free upgrade from Windows 8. You guys need to jump on the ball.

• 2 weeks later...
No that doesn't work, Already tried that. It needs a new driver for the internals. Test it yourself. This is basically a free upgrade from Windows 8. You guys need to jump on the ball.

You, sir, are incredibly too grumpy that software doesn't work on a re-worked OS that's been released as a preview for a matter of days.

Stuff's going to be broken. Get over it.

Link seems to work fine other than the hardware monitor service. (Thus why the temps don't show) You can still enforce fan speeds and such with some limited functionality.

I'll check if there's a way to get the service installed, but I doubt it's possible until 8.1 is officially released and Corsair makes the necessary changes and verifies functionality.

You, sir, are incredibly too grumpy that software doesn't work on a re-worked OS that's been released as a preview for a matter of days.

Link seems to work fine other than the hardware monitor service. (Thus why the temps don't show) You can still enforce fan speeds and such with some limited functionality.

I'll check if there's a way to get the service installed, but I doubt it's possible until 8.1 is officially released and Corsair makes the necessary changes and verifies functionality.

so you're saying we can still control fan speeds in Windows 8.1? that's all I'm bothered about at the moment.

• Corsair Employee
Originally Posted by Warboy View Post

Yes Sir we will do that when it is released. Until then I am sorry that is just not going to happen

I'm not being grumpy, Im just stating facts, and no you can't use fan control. That's has to use the driver too. So I have no idea where you pull that out of.

I'm not being grumpy, Im just stating facts, and no you can't use fan control. That's has to use the driver too. So I have no idea where you pull that out of.

how can you possibly expect corsair to support this when it hasnt been officially released yet?

microsoft needs to collaborate with corsair and that wont happen till its released.

I've been running the latest Link beta with 8.1 for a while now. It does work, but only with a little extra effort. It seems to be a gamble every time I start it up. Most of the time, all readings are blank. Heading to Options and restarting the service fixes this though. Other than that, everything seems fine to me. The only other annoyance I've encountered is the software's determination to start on my primary monitor, despite me constantly moving it to the secondary screen. But that has nothing to do with the particular OS being run. It just does that regardless (I had the same problem on 8).

I have installed Windows 8.1 from the ISO file, and Corsair Link 2.4 beta is working.

I had some trouble with the USB header, it didn't detected H100i at first, only my GTX 600Ti [temps and fan].. than I changed the usb header to a USB to miniUSB cable, and its working normally on windows 8.1

There might be a problem with USB 2.0 and 3.0 drivers. Or my cable... but anyway, it DOES work.

I do not recommend to upgrade from windows 8 to windows 8.1, if you want to try windows 8.1 install it from scratch.

Oh yes...

Windows 8.1 not released we cant support it...

And what about Haswell ?

Its released is even in my pc sitting on my mother board...

And is not supported by Corsair link if you tell me I have to wait 6-12 month for get support then we should start to think about returning our water cooling before it's to old

Oh yes...

Windows 8.1 not released we cant support it...

And what about Haswell ?

Its released is even in my pc sitting on my mother board...

And is not supported by Corsair link if you tell me I have to wait 6-12 month for get support then we should start to think about returning our water cooling before it's to old

it isnt corsair but microsoft thats dropping the ball on this

go rant to them

another 8.1 user here hoping for support.

i was expecting that my H80i (arrived today) wouldn't be so dependent on the underlying OS.

It looks like I will need to put this on Ebay.

Nothing is detected by the OS. All my cooler does is make a lot of noise!

Someone mentioned restarting a service - I don't seem to have a Windows service for the Corsair app. Any suggestions would be great. I've gone through most eveything else suggested here.

Nothing is detected.

This OS should release to manufacturers in a few days. I assume Corsair are signed up for a shipment of the gold build of 8.1 and will start testing as soon as it's released? I'm happy to sign up as a beta tester.

Thanks guys. Looks like a great product based upon the product description, but at the moment it is useless for me.

Did any one read my post?

I did a clean install from Windows 8.1 [64] preview ISO, installed beta, and it IS working.

I just had to change the internal header and activate windows driver automatic updates.

Would you like a print screen to prove?

Did any one read my post?

I did a clean install from Windows 8.1 [64] preview ISO, installed beta, and it IS working.

I just had to change the internal header and activate windows driver automatic updates.

Would you like a print screen to prove?

Not working on my end. Clean install of Windows 8.1 and beta CorsairLink software. If I have my USB header cable unplugged, start up my machine, wait for Windows to start up, then plug in the header, all of the items pop up in the software. But as soon as I reboot, they're all gone until I repeat the process.

When you say:

than I changed the usb header to a USB to miniUSB cable

do you mean that you're using a miniUSB cable and plugging it into an external USB port and not an internal header?

Yes, at first I could only see my H100i with a miniUSB cable on an external USB port.

Then I searched for similar problems and found these steps:

- Go to control panel

- Click Devices and Printers

- Right click the computer icon with you PC name

- Choose "Device installation settings"

- Select "Yes do this automatically"

And change again to another header.

You should also install your chipset driver, and USB 3.0 mobo drivers too

That solved the problem with the internal headers+original cable I had.

Now I'm using orignal cable, and CL 2.4.4849 detects my H100i temps/revs right away.

There are further instructions in case that still doesn't solve your problem...

Archived