The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 10:02 AM
coarsehair's PC Specs

POST ID # = 643838
coarsehair Reputation: 10

had to reinstall the latest link software, before it would clean up the empty non working widgets (for the h80i which were'nt showing up any values )
now the ax1200i + h80i are both displaying and appear to be working(and quietly now yay)
but the software was a bit of a faff to take - took a few reinstalls ... but i have now returned the hx1050 psu to the shop (which was whiny ) and also the h80i water pump (burned out within a week and just when i installed the new AX1200i replacement psu)

so all in all im tired of this lol but it seems to be working touch wood!

Old 03-30-2013, 10:35 AM
coarsehair's PC Specs

POST ID # = 643841

now i noticed the led randomly works inside link2. not sure why the pump speed and temp of the h80i is showing correectly,yet the led is off in the case and in the software? :(

Last edited by coarsehair; 03-30-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:53 AM
Sguma70's PC Specs

POST ID # = 643856
Sguma70 Reputation: 10

2.3 CorsairLink problems in my configuration:
OCZ ssd temperature measured 120 °
AX1200i Digital ATX power supply detected temperature -200 °
PCIe (a) not detected
24 PIN ATX 12V not detected
MAIN (a) not detected
PERIPHERAL (a) not detected
node lights do not always load the profile when windows starts
Sometimes the software has stopped working and I have to restart
at the start of windows crashes the software icon in the bottom left on the bar
Corsair h100i with firmware 1.05 not detected corsair commander

Last edited by Sguma70; 03-30-2013 at 11:57 AM.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:06 PM
coarsehair's PC Specs

POST ID # = 643932

yes im getting similar issues like yours sguma70, also everynow and the na red popup window says my motherboard is @ -1 centigrade. i dont think so! i should be so lucky lol...and also same window pops up again saying voltages are 0.00 ie ?? lol please fix this link2 its terrible

Old 03-30-2013, 10:13 PM
Johnsonized
Speed's PC Specs

POST ID # = 643933
Speed Reputation: 10

That sounds like AI Suite II to me.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:26 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 643934
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
that does really mess with things
i had to fully uninstall it

Old 03-30-2013, 11:47 PM
Johnsonized
Speed's PC Specs

POST ID # = 643949
Default DPC Latency

Here's one that really needs looking into:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthre...948#post643948

Old 03-31-2013, 12:09 AM

POST ID # = 643951
Hawkeye1 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Still have Link uninstalled here. Still running just AI Suite II. Still no voltage/vcore/temp reading fluctuations like I was getting with Link installed. I know you really believe AI Suite is the culprit here, but many of us had no issue with the software before this most recent version of Link.

I think I can reasonably deduce that if my readings were fine before Link and I was having no issues with AI Suite before Link, but after I installed Link I had endless problems with both the hardware and software, including wild readings from various monitoring packages including AI Suite, AND THEN after uninstalling everything "Link" I had no issues again, I can safely say it's not AI Suite. It's Link. Sorry to disappoint.

Old 03-31-2013, 04:16 AM
Johnsonized
Speed's PC Specs

POST ID # = 643965

Hey, I'm not disappointed in the least. However, it is never a good idea to run TWO monitoring and controlling applications at the same time and that is what you are doing. When they poll the hardware at obviously uncoordinated intervals, conflicts will arise. AI Suite II by itself runs OK. Great. You never state that you uninstalled it and ran CL2 all by itself. Note that CL2.3 now uses Open Hardware Monitor components and I have run it alongside CL2.3 with no issues because they are compatible and probably aware of each other. YMMV.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:38 AM
coarsehair's PC Specs

POST ID # = 643975

thanks speed, you might be right about two monitoring apps..ususlly that is the case , but i know which one id rather use and thats ai suite II ,asus did a half deecent job on that ,but whats strange is before i added the dongle+ax1200i psu , i had asus suite II and only a h80i cooler working together fine!?! led fine, controlling fans fine ,no weird warning messages from suit or link2 etc .. its only for me gone wrong since i installed link2(2.3.4816) +AX1200i(and its dongle), just randomly works ..

Old 03-31-2013, 08:35 AM
foxone46's PC Specs

POST ID # = 644007
foxone46 Reputation: 10
Angry

Correct,
on :
MB : asus p8z77-v
CPU : i5-3570k with H100i (2 corsair quiet edition fan SP120)
RAM : Corsair dominator CM D 8G X3M2A 1600 C9
PSU : Antec HCG-520M

Not compatible with ASUS AI, with Probe II

Error : about Motherboard temperatures (-60°c) & voltage sensor (vcore...) irrationnal result

Result : Need to disable Corsair link on windows boot, and lost color led function on CPU Radiator to prevent Heat visually cross the lateral window ;)

Last edited by foxone46; 03-31-2013 at 08:38 AM.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:31 AM
antonyfrn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 644035
antonyfrn Reputation: 20

CorsairLINK_HardwareMonitor.exe causes very high DCP Latency killing it the latency drops also noticed the link software has possibly started to interfere with other programs.

Old 03-31-2013, 04:09 PM
Johnsonized
Speed's PC Specs

POST ID # = 644071

Quote:
Originally Posted by coarsehair View Post
thanks speed, you might be right about two monitoring apps..ususlly that is the case , but i know which one id rather use and thats ai suite II ,asus did a half deecent job on that ,but whats strange is before i added the dongle+ax1200i psu , i had asus suite II and only a h80i cooler working together fine!?! led fine, controlling fans fine ,no weird warning messages from suit or link2 etc .. its only for me gone wrong since i installed link2(2.3.4816) +AX1200i(and its dongle), just randomly works ..
After a lot of research, I decided to go all Corsair for these four workstation builds; cases, AXxxxxi PSUs, Dominator Platinum Memory & Hydro CPU coolers. Engineering and design felt really good. Seemed the thing to do, having one set of minds creating the hardware. A couple areas for improvement on the 650D case but, other than that, it's worked out well. Didn't happen upon these forums, for whatever dumb*** reason or I might have made a mid-course correction. And, of course, the only component that isn't working so fine is one that I learn isn't engineered and built by Corsair. So, I'm basically stuck; hoping that either CoolIT Systems gets their act together or Corsair finally read them the riot act and hands them their walking papers.

I considered going a hybrid route and not using the Commander but then it would be a waste. Can't return it. In the interim, I've surgically disabled parts of AI Suite II, so that it doesn't conflict. Problem there is, Open Hardware Monitor, which CL2.3 uses part of, doesn't report 5v and 12v, for whatever reason.

I need to start an RMA for my fans at some point, too. When I fired the first build, I heard something coming from the cooler. Set a screwdriver on my ear and touched various locations and found a clicking fan. Thought it was a bad bearing. Know different now.

Last edited by Speed; 03-31-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Old 03-31-2013, 10:04 PM

POST ID # = 644121
Hawkeye1 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Hey, I'm not disappointed in the least. However, it is never a good idea to run TWO monitoring and controlling applications at the same time and that is what you are doing. When they poll the hardware at obviously uncoordinated intervals, conflicts will arise. AI Suite II by itself runs OK. Great. You never state that you uninstalled it and ran CL2 all by itself. Note that CL2.3 now uses Open Hardware Monitor components and I have run it alongside CL2.3 with no issues because they are compatible and probably aware of each other. YMMV.
Actually, in the other thread about 2.3's release I did state that I disabled AI Suite's control over any hardware in any way I could find. No, I did not go as far as a complete uninstall as 1., I fully intended on returning to it if Corsair Link couldn't properly control my fans (which is couldn't), 2., I can't actually keep my motherboard and the Asus firmware that provides AI Suite with it's info from polling those sensors since such monitoring is built directly into the bios, and 3., 2.2 and many other monitoring software never had an issue with working in tandem. And why should they innately have an issue working at the same time?

Fan control issues aside since I had those disabled with Link, all they do is read the same info, hence why Speccy and AI Suite always read the same information back. It doesn't explain why Link never read the same temperatures back though.

Even with 2.2 and before, it always thought my CPU was a few degrees hotter than it was. Again, by deduction, Link is the issue, not any other software package. Never had an issue with two or more running at the same time. As long as they were just monitoring the sensors and not trying to control the hardware at the same time, I've never had an issue.

Old 03-31-2013, 10:48 PM
Johnsonized
Speed's PC Specs

POST ID # = 644124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye1 View Post
Actually, in the other thread about 2.3's release I did state that I disabled AI Suite's control over any hardware in any way I could find.
Like I'm supposed to coordinate all of the threads and remember what was said in each.

Look, I'm not championing Link by any means whatsoever. If you'll read my other threads, you'd know that. It needs fixing. All I was responding to was practices that you evidently don't find to be at odds with each other. To each his/her own. My experience and knowledge is different from yours. That's all. Still, my Link seems to be working better than a lot of others in the forums. Not perfect, as there's definitely room for improvement. Maybe I'm just lucky.