The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 42 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 08:19 PM

POST ID # = 639790
Hawkeye1 Reputation: 10

Everything is working great for me so far. Reinstalled the latest Intel RST drivers before I installed Corsair Link 2.3, been running 2.3 for an hour or so now, fiddling with the configurations.

Good news:
-I can actually set my Corsair case fans (AF-120 performance) to change RPM, and they will. I also don't get nearly as much buzzing as I did before.
-Most things will work properly, given a second or two. Profiles change now without some settings from previous selected profiles holding over.
-LEDs work and change properly so far.
-I can finally change my GPU's fan speed (I have the GPU node) and it responds.
-No sierra2service crashes (thank god they changed that).
-Temp, wattage, rpm, and usage measurements are all working and much more fluid.
-Actually measures my HDD (WD Velociraptor 1TB) temperature now.
-Did I mention I can change my fan speeds now? And that it doesn't crash all the time?

Bad news:
-Two of my case fans (230mm generic) still don't change, but that's probably the fans' fault rather than the Link's.
-H100 (original 100, not i) is being cooled by 2 SP120 performance fans. I still can't really change their speed. They will only go within +/-200 of 2000 rpm. If anyone knows why, please let me know.

My experience so far with 2.3. I'll update if anything changes. So far, so good (cross my fingers).

Old 03-12-2013, 08:34 PM
MykaAurora's PC Specs

POST ID # = 639803
MykaAurora Reputation: 10

13 hours and 15 minutes mark. With 2.3 + iRSTe 3.5.1092.

Tyra, just update the driver. I'm convinced it is fixed.

My Previous Rig

Old 03-12-2013, 08:44 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 639804
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

i missed picking up my new h100i by 3 measley minutes so i get to sit here and listen to everyone playing with their toys.
hopefully those that gave up on these products will see the revised results and reconsider getting these as not only are they good but so is corsair support.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:07 PM
MykaAurora's PC Specs

POST ID # = 639808
MykaAurora Reputation: 10

Enough with it wytnyt. Some still have other problems too. This version seems to fixed more on x79 system.

My Previous Rig

Old 03-12-2013, 09:24 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 639813
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

there will always be problems with this type of software,im not in any way implying it to be perfect.
theres just too many varables associated with it.its just good to see progress being made,,as long as it functions and does what it needs to[cooling],i can do without all the bells and whistles,but thats just me.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:38 PM

POST ID # = 639826

Still running with no issues using Intel RSTe 3.6(something). No crashes, no blue screens.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:18 PM
Rassal's PC Specs

POST ID # = 639831
Rassal Reputation: 10

SO far it fixed a lot of things for me...

1- It fixed the BSOD so far with RSTe 3.5 and even 3.6...
2- It fixed my multiple crashes trying to just open the program or getting it out of the taskbar to maximise.
3- It detects Everything on the 1st shot... no need to delete, re-install, delete everything reboot and retry in hope everything gets picked up
4- No crashes when i am away yet...

And it supports Windows 8... was a long damn wait, but finally... let`s hope for the better.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:09 AM
dusty619's PC Specs

POST ID # = 639841
dusty619 Reputation: 10

Anyone know why my h100i stock fans will not change speed dynamically with my cpu temp? Weather using the notifications on the cpu or the custom curve for the fans, the fans will not change speed unless I make a save to my profile. This is my biggest issue with this software.

btw my Western Digital hard drive temp is now reading correctly as well as my corsair ssd.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:10 AM
stitch's PC Specs

POST ID # = 639842
stitch Reputation: 10

I just got my Corsair Link kit (yay, sale), however the temperature based LED changing does not seem to be working when associated with my video card or CPU (if you toggle it between settings, it will choose the correct color for that moment, but that's it). I also can't seem to create new groups, so after cleaning my list to try and create some custom ones... I'm kinda stuck with just two.

What I've found so far:

If you have a brand new Corsair Link Commander, you NEED to download the latest firmware posted in this thread. From there, you need to update it from the Options -> Devices screen to see your Commander and nodes.

It has ran the whole day on my system with the latest Intel RST 11.7.0.1013 with my RAID 0 SSDs and no grief. Disk usage appears fine.

Really though, the Link gear could use a good "How-to" guide and a link to it in the package.

It appears to definitely be Windows 8 compatible :)

Last edited by stitch; 03-13-2013 at 12:25 AM.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:14 AM
DevilSun's PC Specs

POST ID # = 639857
DevilSun Reputation: 10

This newest version is truly wonderful compared to previous 2.x versions. I was amazed to see it start right up, with everything immediately recognized - especially considering the issues I had before. Very, very pleased with it so far as shown here.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:18 AM

POST ID # = 639870
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by KappaRho View Post
All my fans connected to two cooling nodes are not being detected. Everything else appears to be correct though. However .....
Are the Cooling Nodes detected in the SW?
Options > Devices
Have you tried creating a new profile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoubiey View Post
So it's just me that cant even start it?
It shows up in my process list but not anywhere else..
Check your notifications tray and see if its there.
Which .exe is showing CorsairLINK2 or CorsairLINK Hardware Monitor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge_ View Post
Just install the new Link software and now the LED on the pump do not work anymore.. The light up when i start my computer but as soon i get the bios screen they turn off anyone have an ide what might be the problem. Everything else is working, only the LED that do not work anymore.
Have you tried playing around with the sliders in the SW? Do the L.E.D.s light up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrannosaurus View Post
Seems to be a step in the right direction. The design is nice. The fan is starting manually @45%.
My 4 HDDs are represented. What I'd like to change is my OS SSD. Here the temperature is shown as difference from 100°C, in my case 76°C, which is irratating and pointless in my view. Is there a trick to change this to normal temp reading?
Will give the latest IRST a try later.
It's probably a S.M.A.R.T. value that's causing it. Run another drive check e.g. CrystalDiskInfo and see if it too displays the same temp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeterslint View Post
I have been running the new software on windows 8 Pro 64 bit and I still have the same issues I had with my led's not wants to switch color by temp some will work others will just sit at one color and I have one that will go red even though red isn't even one of the three colors I have chosen for it.I have done clean installs of the software twice and deleting everything I could find connected to it, even tried turning off the power supply to see if that gets things working but as of yet it hasn't.
Are the L.E.D.s grouped to a device?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye1 View Post
Bad news:
-H100 (original 100, not i) is being cooled by 2 SP120 performance fans. I still can't really change their speed. They will only go within +/-200 of 2000 rpm. If anyone knows why, please let me know.
If the fans are connected to the H100 block, They will run at max speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty619 View Post
Anyone know why my h100i stock fans will not change speed dynamically with my cpu temp? Weather using the notifications on the cpu or the custom curve for the fans, the fans will not change speed unless I make a save to my profile. This is my biggest issue with this software.
Are the fans grouped to the CPU? It's better to leave it on the H100i temp as you may find the fans will be running louder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch View Post
I just got my Corsair Link kit (yay, sale), however the temperature based LED changing does not seem to be working when associated with my video card or CPU (if you toggle it between settings, it will choose the correct color for that moment, but that's it). I also can't seem to create new groups, so after cleaning my list to try and create some custom ones... I'm kinda stuck with just two.
Make sure the temperature values are at a reasonable value. e.g. 30, 40, 50 etc.
You need to save your profile first. Restart the software and you should be able to create new groups.

Old 03-13-2013, 07:16 AM

POST ID # = 639891
Sly_Ripper Reputation: 10

Well my H100 pump has now either died or it's reported at 0 rpm.

Edit: resetting firmware fixed it.

Last edited by Sly_Ripper; 03-13-2013 at 07:22 AM.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:13 AM
KappaRho's PC Specs

POST ID # = 639903
KappaRho Reputation: 10

[QUOTE=Toasted;639870]Are the Cooling Nodes detected in the SW?
Options > Devices
Have you tried creating a new profile?

Yes and yes :) The temperature probes attached to the cooling nodes work fine and the cooling nodes show up correctly (except for not showing any fans connected) in Options > Devices.

Any further thoughts most welcome.

Cheers !

Old 03-13-2013, 09:39 AM

POST ID # = 639916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
If the fans are connected to the H100 block, They will run at max speed.
Kind of begs the question, why plug the fans into the H100 at all then?

There has to be some way to control them. I think I heard something about the H100 only being able to control the stock fans, but I'm not sure if this is true and it'll be a pain to pull apart my system to check.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:07 AM
ACP's PC Specs

POST ID # = 639921
ACP Reputation: 10

Is anyone using this with windows 7 64? I deleted all profiles but for some reason when I save a new profile it doesn't keep my program settings when I restart the program ... And also my old custom fan curves were still there aftet deleting the profiles which I think is causing the fans to spin up and down crazy.... Plus it only recognizes 1 of 3 hdd.....I reinstalled 2.2 and everything was working fine.

Can anyone who's using win7 64 confirm this or help me out?

Thanks