The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Notices

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 148 votes, 4.99 average. Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 04:52 PM

POST ID # = 659982
mStuff Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
Was it resolved when you let it drain and recharge?
I have been using it every day with no problems since my last post, I will be updating the status if it happens again.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:40 AM
FlipFlop14's PC Specs

POST ID # = 662093
FlipFlop14 Reputation: 10

I've had this issue about five times now, the main cause has always been turning the headset on whilst plugged in and charging. Looks like mine are out of action for the night while they discharge.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:10 AM

POST ID # = 662297
Spencley Reputation: 10

This has happened to my first headset which was replaced, obviously i was over the moon with the service i received but now the second headset has started doing it.

It happened the other day and i thought crap.... Almost every time i turn the headset on now i have to wait for the charge to deplete before i can use it again.

First headset had this issue
Replacement Headset has this issue.

But let me get the straight...

1. If i leave the charge to go low and then connect the charger it will go solid and have to be depleted.
2. If i leave it on charge for to long it will go solid and have to be depleted

So what happens on a night? My headset is used extensively each day, If on the night the battery goes low i have to plug the charger in but then wake up during the night to disconnect it to prevent the light going solid from being charged to long. But if i don't plug the charger in it will go solid regardless due to the charge getting so low?

Last edited by Spencley; 06-29-2013 at 05:15 AM.

Old 06-30-2013, 03:10 PM

POST ID # = 662560
ImperialAlex Reputation: 10

Just happened to me, too.
I think in my case I probably let the charge go too low:
I heard the beep, plugged them in but after some ~10min accidentally unplugged them and *boom* - orange light :-( [Letting them drain now]

I like the headphones, but I really don't like the idea of having a device that I can't even turn off at this point.

Alex

Old 07-04-2013, 09:00 PM
Drawster's PC Specs

POST ID # = 663279
Drawster Reputation: 10

After a couple of months of using my headphones, I ran into the same problem. I too tried to view a youtube video (on firefox) while turning my headphones on when it occured. So now both amber and blue light are lit and the headphones are unusable.

To corsair staff: To get around the problem that there is no reset button, is it possible to update the headphones' firmware so that if I hold the power button down for example 7 seconds, that would turn off the headphones completely? This way we wouldn't have to wait for 14 hours to use the headphones again while you figure out what's causing the problem.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:06 AM
purehass's PC Specs

POST ID # = 663343
purehass Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drawster View Post
To corsair staff: To get around the problem that there is no reset button, is it possible to update the headphones' firmware so that if I hold the power button down for example 7 seconds, that would turn off the headphones completely? This way we wouldn't have to wait for 14 hours to use the headphones again while you figure out what's causing the problem.
That would be a great idea and I guess every Corsair Headset owner would appreciate it !

Just experienced this issue, draining the battery now. Since it's a LithiumIon ( I thought I read it somewhere) battery it's clearly not good for it (over or undercharging those may end up in a fire).

I was really surprised when I unpackaged that Headset because I never went over 30$ headsets in the past.

The issue occured after 3 days of usage. Yesterday evening I watched some movies and noticed a beep, took a while for me to notice it was the headset. Plugged the charging wire in and went on. Didnt let it charge over night. This morning plugged it in again and wanted to watch a video. No sound and both lights became solid.

Since it was mentioned erlier, I was using a USB 3.0 Port to charge it.

I dont want to go for an RMA because it's a nice headset. Please finish that driver update to turn off the headset.

Question: Is it somehow possible to run the headset over my SoundCard ?
I know there is one implemented already. (I use the SoundCard for my Speakers)
Check my profile for SoundCard-Model and PC Setup.

Ah and yes I was letting it fully charge before first start-up.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:52 AM
PoTski's PC Specs

POST ID # = 663368
PoTski Reputation: 10
Default Dont buy corsair peripherals

i got everythink corsair. only thing that works fine is the ax1200i, h100i, SSD and plat sticks. the Link for the sticks also work. (ofc the cable for the sticks was not included.)
my k90, link2, airflow pro,cooling nodes and headphones are buggy *** hell. Switched mine out for g930.

just stay away from corsair peripherals.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:54 AM
PoTski's PC Specs

POST ID # = 663369
PoTski Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drawster View Post
After a couple of months of using my headphones, I ran into the same problem. I too tried to view a youtube video (on firefox) while turning my headphones on when it occured. So now both amber and blue light are lit and the headphones are unusable.

u cant flash firmware. wont happen. just buy a different brand. ^^ or rev.2 when thats out.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:12 PM
purehass's PC Specs

POST ID # = 663377
purehass Reputation: 10

Hmmm, does any of you guys know where the battery is placed ? Maybe you can disconnect it instead of draining it for hours. On the other hand I guess this might void your warranty :D

Anybody a suggestion for a equal quality headset ?

Old 07-06-2013, 05:39 AM
zairs's PC Specs

POST ID # = 663476
zairs Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehass View Post
Hmmm, does any of you guys know where the battery is placed ? Maybe you can disconnect it instead of draining it for hours. On the other hand I guess this might void your warranty :D

Anybody a suggestion for a equal quality headset ?
Well, you can rapidly wiggle the power wire and it'll short out and cut off, then you can just turn it back on and it works fine.

Though, i'm sure that's not very good for the battery.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:33 AM

POST ID # = 663758
Nitroxide Reputation: 10

Hi guys, I have the same problem with the blue and amber light stuck on.

I'm pretty sure this was caused by switching the power off at the wall (for the first time ever) since it was so damn hot here last night i didn't want to leave everything running and i was too lazy to shut stuff down properly. Woke up this morning and booted up to find it in this state.

* Headset was plugged in when mains went off (most likely fully charged)
* Headset was plugged in when i switched mains back on and booted up.

I'm curious.. of all the advanced features, why doesn't it have a simple reset option via the headset itself? :S

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:46 AM
Celodur's PC Specs

POST ID # = 664849
Celodur Reputation: 10

I've got the same problem! I'm waiting for the battery to go down, then I'll recharge it. I hope this will work...
This Headset really needs a way to reset it.

Old 08-04-2013, 12:14 AM
FMA1394's PC Specs

POST ID # = 668346
FMA1394 Reputation: 10
Default Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by zairs View Post
Well, you can rapidly wiggle the power wire and it'll short out and cut off, then you can just turn it back on and it works fine.

Though, i'm sure that's not very good for the battery.
Seriously, where can I buy you a beer? First intelligent post I've seen in this thread because it actually provided a solution. I didn't wiggle it (bad for the port) but plugging and unplugging it very quickly for about two seconds does indeed force the headset to shutdown.

Do what this guy said, it does work. Corsair, figure this out please. It's kind of embarrassing for a headset this expensive to have this kind of problem.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:48 AM

POST ID # = 673006
Naforce Reputation: 10

i've gotten this problem many times now! but i figured out a problem fixer if u dont want to wait untill the batteries drains out!, plug in the chargin cable into the headsets, hold in the on/off button, hold it and plug out and in, you will see the blue amber go a little darker than the brightest, just plug out and in while holding the on/off button, and the charging light will turn off, and then you can start the headset and keep gaming hard!
its abit tricky so just plug in and out, wait about 0.5 -1 second before u plug it out!

Old 10-06-2013, 04:59 PM

POST ID # = 677461
MeanStreak Reputation: 10

So now I got this problem as well. Wiggling the connector or holding the power button while disconnect and reconnect does not work for me. Waiting for the battery to drain now. Any other ideas?
Seems that Corsair's given up since their last reply was four months ago.

Closed Thread