The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 33 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-03-2015, 01:41 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 793317
red-ray Reputation: 81
Arrow Only two identical devices that have serial numbers have an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar View Post
Let me just be sure that I got you right. What I think you are saying is that "If any customer is stupid enough to buy two commanders or have both a commander and a H100i GTX, they should just suffer - such customers are not a priority."

I've read it again and again, and can't get myself not to be provoked by this. I happen to have both a "old" commander and a H100i GTX and I don't normally regard myself to be so stupid that I should be forgotten/not cared about. If your meant to say anything else, please inform me as I can't understand how is can mean anything else.

I have felt stupid since I bought the second Link capable device (fool me once...), but to be told by Corsair that I am because of that is rather unexpected and frankly quite shocking.
None of these are issues. Only two identical devices that have serial numbers have an issue.

On the old commander v3.2.5676 issues I made http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=792933 into a thread but Corsair deleted it, I assume to try and hide the issue

Last edited by red-ray; 08-03-2015 at 08:09 PM.

Old 08-03-2015, 03:09 PM

POST ID # = 793338
sunthief Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
No, they have different Product IDs (PIDs/model numbers).

This is not my work-a-round. It is a standard facility within Windows provided by Microsoft that I used. I feel that https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...or=-2147217396 has all the information you need so you need to ask Microsoft for the guide or for https://corsair.secure.force.com/ to write you one.

I feel a guide is the wrong solution and prefer to be told the problem rather than a solution. I also feel please and thank you are good words.

As I suspected some may find the registry edits tricky I have been pondering how this could be made simpler. I have now extended SIV so IgnoreHWSerNum can set setup with 3 mouse presses, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=793207.
Hey, no worries. I'm totally grateful, dude. :) I'm jus really busy these days and I'm afraid my manners suffered a bit. Sorry about that. The thing is I'm planning to buy a new rig and actually wanted to buy two 110i GTX. Without you I wouldn't even know that there might be issues. But, although I'm not new to computers, I'm no sure I could do all this stuff with the registry and your app. I tried it out but didn't really understand it. That's why I though a little tutorial might come in handy. No offence intended. It's just that for me that might have been it with buying those two coolers because chances are very high I'll run into trouble and won't be able to solve them.

Old 08-03-2015, 05:26 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 793368
Thumbs up We can make 2 x H110iGTX work as it should

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunthief View Post
Hey, no worries. I'm totally grateful, dude. :) I'm jus really busy these days and I'm afraid my manners suffered a bit. Sorry about that. The thing is I'm planning to buy a new rig and actually wanted to buy two 110i GTX. Without you I wouldn't even know that there might be issues. But, although I'm not new to computers, I'm no sure I could do all this stuff with the registry and your app. I tried it out but didn't really understand it. That's why I though a little tutorial might come in handy. No offence intended. It's just that for me that might have been it with buying those two coolers because chances are very high I'll run into trouble and won't be able to solve them.
Doing the change for 2 x H100iGTX should be a lot easier with SIV 5.02. Once I know where you get stuck I can easily tell you what to do, but without knowing how far you get I can't tell you what you need to do next. As you have probably guessed I find this rather easy, for me it's much harder to know where you have an issue and what you need to do next.

Can you follow this? Just try it!
  1. Using SIV 5.01 do Menu->File->Download->SIV Beta to get the 5.02 Beta
  2. When complete press the [<location>\siv_beta.zip] button on the top line to extract the files.
  3. Exit SIV 5.01
  4. Run SIV64X.exe, it should say 5.02 Beta-nn
  5. Press [USB Bus]
  6. Press [Port n.n.n], the one for the H110iGTX
  7. Check the [_]IgnoreHWSerNum - The registry edit is done
  8. From Device Manager uninstall all the Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Devices
  9. Reboot and two new H110iGTX should be detected and the drivers installed.
This is what I expect will work, but I don't have 2 x H110iGTX to try it. Once I release SIV 5.02 steps 1 -> 3 will not be needed.

Once I get feedback about what CL users find tricky I can try and address this. I have just added http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=793494 as a result of such feedback.

SIV was designed for uber geeks and is a lot to take in when you first use it, but to enable IgnoreHWSerNum you only need to use two panels, ignore the rest of them.

There is now a SIV simple user guide .
Attached Images
File Type: png SIV designed for Uber Geeks.png (178.3 KB, 662 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 07-29-2016 at 04:42 PM. Reason: There is now a SIV simple user guide

Old 08-04-2015, 03:17 PM

POST ID # = 793568
sunthief Reputation: 10

Thanks a lot, I was able to open the USB Bus menu and can put the check at IgnoreHWSerNum (in this case with my mouse). I haven't got the two coolers yet but I'm sure I can do it like this. Great stuff!
Just out our curiosity: How do you get from the attached usb device to the corresponding path in the registry? Does Windows itself or AIDA64 provide a similar feature?

Old 08-04-2015, 04:08 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 793578

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunthief View Post
How do you get from the attached usb device to the corresponding path in the registry?
The HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\UsbFlags\ is a constant and you append the VID, PID and REV to get:

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\UsbFlags\1B1C0C030100