The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cases

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-15-2014, 07:48 PM
deees's PC Specs

POST ID # = 719260
deees Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
The 650D has the same outdated pass-through USB 3.0 connection. I read somewhere once can swap out the header from a 350D front connector assembly into the 650D's front connector assembly so I bought one and was able to make the swap. I don't know if that would work for the 800D but it's something to look into.
I bought a 350D harness and upgraded my 650D connectors, (mostly to see what was involved. I sold my 800D with the USB3 upgrade, but if it's like the USB2 panel, (and I recall that it is), the cables are soldered to a custom pcb.

The new system is pretty cool, and a lot easier to upgrade. Was the post you saw for the 350D panel from the linustechtips forum?
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/...p/#entry910821

I wanted to post pictures to show people what is involved, (since I wasn't able to find any online), and would want to attribute the correct source. I got the idea from you, but I also want to also credit the person you got the idea from.

Old 07-17-2014, 04:50 PM
Lady Fitzgerald's PC Specs

POST ID # = 719562
Lady Fitzgerald Reputation: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by deees View Post
I bought a 350D harness and upgraded my 650D connectors, (mostly to see what was involved. I sold my 800D with the USB3 upgrade, but if it's like the USB2 panel, (and I recall that it is), the cables are soldered to a custom pcb.

The new system is pretty cool, and a lot easier to upgrade. Was the post you saw for the 350D panel from the linustechtips forum?
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/...p/#entry910821

I wanted to post pictures to show people what is involved, (since I wasn't able to find any online), and would want to attribute the correct source. I got the idea from you, but I also want to also credit the person you got the idea from.
Several people made the suggestion in this thread on Overclock.net. For pictures of how I did the swap, see this thread, starting on post #23.

Backup, backup, backup! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Old 07-17-2014, 07:08 PM
deees's PC Specs

POST ID # = 719582
deees Reputation: 10

Thanks for the information, (and the suggestion itself.) It's amazing that I couldn't find this information when I searched for it. You'd think that "350D AND 650D AND USB" would have found that thread?

Perhaps, you could add some search tags to help other users find it easier, or better yet, post a how-to on the Corsair forum. I'm sure Wired will sticky-it in a second. (Of course the 350D panels will sell out in 10 minutes:))

I certain don't need to do anything at this point, you have it covered. Thanks, for the idea.

Old 07-18-2014, 02:42 PM
hurricane28's PC Specs

POST ID # = 719704
hurricane28 Reputation: 10

@levicki

I hear you on all fronts man.

I am very disappointed in Corsair also because it lacks of proper support of their products.

Also the build quality is rather poor because all my Corsair products could not last longer than one year... first thing is the bend plastic window of my 650D that needs to be replaced and fortunately that was done pretty fast.

Than came my H100I cooler, the fans make an terrible noise and yet again i did an RMA and within one week i had new ones.

The third thing was that the LED on the CPU cooler stopped showing the blue color witch is my theme on my build. The answer was that i have to RMA my cooler to them and if they have it they will ship a new one to me.
So i have to wait for more than 2 weeks before i can use my PC again witch is not an option since i work and earn money with my PC so it costs me money.

Than my cooler shows little hair cracks on the outer tubing and i am worried about leakage but they don't care and i still have to send my cooler to them. I also contacted Corsair George personally but that did not help either.

Now my USB 3.0 extension panel on the front does not work anymore along the front io panel.

To me that is simply unacceptable.

I don't buy any Corsair products again and if i talk to someone who has plans buying one of their products i simply cannot recommend it and tell them what i had with products of Corsair.

Tags
800d, front, obsidian, panel, usb3