The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Solid State Drives (SSD) > SSD Firmware Update

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 07:11 PM
Hardware God
HellraiserUK's PC Specs

POST ID # = 532395
HellraiserUK Reputation: 10

Hi,

The file may or may not have a .ROM extension - this was just to highlight the file needs to be a raw binary dump of the BIOS, not a zipped one or a self-extracting BIOS which contains the ROM and the installer. I'm pretty sure that motherboard BIOS is only available from ASrock as a self-installing executable, which is a tad annoying. The only option is to run it, let it flash the BIOS for you, then create a boot disk with amiflash on and use that to read the BIOS to a file.

Sorry this is a little generic, but I don't have that particular board :(

Hellraiser............>

Old 11-19-2011, 06:18 AM
Shidapu's PC Specs

POST ID # = 542461
Shidapu Reputation: 10

Im sorry for refreshing this, but im jus wondering, any chance the SB900.bin will work with SB950? i recently bought a new mainboard 990FX.

Edit:

Couldn't edit my bios file with MMtools sadly, might be too new. :)

ASUS Sabertooth AM3+.

Edit2:

Anyone knows of any other Bios editor tool?.. i really need to implement this SB900.bin file into my bios rom, so that i can boot into AHCI and flash an earlier version of my firmware, as 1.3.3 is reducing my speed on the SSD :(

Late Edit:

Found a newer version of MMTool 4.50.0.23, tried opening up my bios file with that and it seems to work, but i havn't tried implementing the SB900.bin yet, because the layout isn't the same as with the old version.. So im way too confused/scared to try atm. :P

Old 12-11-2011, 06:13 AM
Hardware God
HellraiserUK's PC Specs

POST ID # = 547000
HellraiserUK Reputation: 10

Apologies for the delay, I've moved across to a Core i5 system now, so no longer have the AMD board. The SB900.bin is for the later Southbridges and should integrate in much the same way as previously, although the PCI ID may be different - it may be worth googling the PCI IDs you have listed under MMTool and find out which equates to IDE, AHCI and RAID controller modes. Other than that, if you flash the option ROM and it doesn't work, it shouldn't affect the BIOS itself so you would still be able to revert to your original ROM - I am assuming you have backed up the original ROM first?

Hellraiser..........>