Corsair Community

K55 setting macro keys

I just recently got myself the K55 RGB keyboard. It's great for what I wanted it for except I cannot see to get the macros to set up. I'm looking to set them to open my email, calculator and maybe even a web browser.

Any solutions as to how to get this to work.

Thank you.

I don't believe the K55 is capable of being assigned to do 'advanced' operations out of box.

You will probably have better luck by assigning a key combination to open a application using third party software like AutoHotKey or something similar.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got one of the Corsair K55 keyboards too, mainly because of the Macro keys. I used to love them on the Gateway 2000 computers I used to have, back in their heyday.

The macro keys can do all the things you've listed. It's simple. Just hit the MR button on the keyboard (which you'll find towards the very top of the keyboard, to the right of the "CORSAIR" logo.

After hitting the MR button, you'll see a white light slow-blinking. Then hit the macro key you wish to program (one of the G1 - G6 keys). Then, type anything at all with the keyboard, and when you're done, hit the MR button again to save the macro.

To do something like launch the calculator, you can use the Windows-R key combination (windows key then R) to bring up the launch window, and type the program you wish to launch. This can be the calculator, or iexplore.exe if you want to launch IE, or anything else.

For example, to set the G2 key to launch the calculator, do this:

1. Press the MR button. M light begins to slowly flash
  2. Press the G2 macro key. The M light will flash rapidly to indicate macro recording has started
  3. Hold down the windows key and then press R
  4. Type "calc" into the run dialog and press ENTER
  5. Hit the MR button again to stop the macro recording.

That's really all there is to it! Have fun.

I just recently got myself the K55 RGB keyboard. It's great for what I wanted it for except I cannot see to get the macros to set up. I'm looking to set them to open my email, calculator and maybe even a web browser.

Any solutions as to how to get this to work.

Thank you.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just to piggy-back on the last comment - I'm, also, looking to know if the K55 is capable of having macros from multiple programs using the CUE software or can you only record 5 macros on-the-fly?

Also, does the K55 have per-key customization for all keys, and, if so, can you have multi-key combinations to start a macro or custom text?

If I can only customize one key then it isn't super useful for situations where you also need to type the regular key function. For example, if I assign the "1" key to start a macro then I can't type the number "1" when needed. However, if I could type "shift+1" to launch the macro than the "1" key can still be used regularly.

Would the K70 or K95 do the above?

Thanks for any help provided!

• 4 weeks later...
That's really all there is to it! Have fun.

So, I downloaded the utility software and programmed a couple macros..didn't work.

I even used the record function straight on the keyboard, per your instructions above..didn't work.

I've tried a variation of macros (key strokes, launch programs, mouse clicks)

On the utility software, it shows the macro and to which key it was assigned, but it still doesn't seem to be working/doing anything.

What am I missing? Is there another key I'm supposed to use before, or at the same time as the designated G-key?

• 2 weeks later...

I have been playing around now for a few hours - but no luck. I hardly ever log on to forums as mostly I can find a solution - but not this time.

I have a K95 RGB keyboard with 18 G keys. I was hoping to be able to program a G key to be able to do something like open a word file and save it in a folder.

A few times I thought I was close - but it did not like it with hanging on my video controller software and a few other crazy beeps.

Am I not able to do what I have asked without major coding entries? Do I have to use hotkeys and link vba code as described above??

Thanks to any advice on this - as I say I have looked and tried.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I have just bought a k55 keyboard and trying the record macros.

It seems to work although when I press the required G2 key the run dialogue box comes up and I have to press G2 a second time to get the calculator to come up, is this normal.

Quick tip during recording: before you enter "calc" into run press backspace as part of the macro.

the rest stays the same. this should fix it and calc should come up every time you press the key.