Corsair Community

Carbide Spec Delta RGB Fans

Quick_Bolt

So quick question, i found out that my motherboard doesn't have a slot to plug my RGB function of my fans into the case. Case came with 3 RGB front fans that go into a splitter and have 4 pins on the inside. I had to get a commander pro module just to run the front case fans. Only issue i have is i do not know what i need to get the RGB function working for my front case fans. I have friends telling me i need a splitter to run into the commander pro(which has 3 pins for rgb on it or to get a cord that runs the rgb straight to my PSU. This was my first build so im unsure what to do, any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

The Carbide Spec Delta RGB fans aren't the standard Corsair RGB fans - they require 12V analog RGB and really are intended to go into the motherboard's RGB controller. So you won't be able to control them from the Commander Pro at all.

And, typically, the fan RGB isn't plugged directly into the Commander Pro either. Instead, they are connected to an RGB Fan LED Hub which is then connected to the Commander Pro. See the RGB FAQ for details.

And ... don't listen to your friends on this. You aren't going to be able to put any RGB Fans directly into your PSU.