Corsair Community

Radiators

bsanders03

I have a 570x Crystal Series case. I am looking to do a push/pull setup in the front.

I am going to use the H150i for the radiator in the front.

Which radiator can I use in the top or back. Id like to use a 280 in the top? I can't seem to find one on the corsair page.

Is the radiator the same for hydro X as it is for air cooling?

I have a 570x Crystal Series case....

I'd like to use a 280 in the top? I can't seem to find one on the corsair page.

No chance. 280mm radiators are a bad fit for the top of the 460/570 and you usually collide with some element of the motherboard. You need the skinnier 240mm, which makes sense anyway since that is essentially a 120mm fan case.

Dual radiators? Are you planning a custom loop? Or dual cooling systems for the GPU and CPU (AIO) ?

I think you generally don't get a lot of return on push-pull for 360mm radiators with low wattage to dissipate. That's every CPU out there, 12 cores or not. However, it may offer some improvement (2-3C) when running low fan speeds (750-1000 rpm) and moderate high CPU load. So this could be of value for a PC that does a fair amount of moderate CPU based professional work and you want to keep the fans as low as you can while you keep working. Besides the cost of three more fans, understand that is also 3 more fan motors, so this works better with quiet fans if low noise is the goal.

The other reason to do it would be aesthetic RGB lighting on both sides of the radiator and as means to light up the case. 6 LL120s on the H150i will cost you, but is likely to offer a small performance advantage.

"Wattage" refers to the amount of heat produced by the CPU. It's listed as the "TDP" (Thermal Design Power). CPUs are (relatively) low wattage, especially compared to GPUs - and yours is a beast.

You might get marginal, at best, benefit from push/pull, as c-attack noted. You might get the fan speeds a little lower. Some of this will, of course, depend on the fans that you use as well. But, in general, that H150 is plenty to handle your CPU.

You will definitely want the radiator as intake. That 2080Ti is gonna throw off a BUNCH of heat - it will generate far more heat than the CPU - and you don't want that going into your radiator.

Any recommendations on how to get it cooler without going with liquid cooling, since that GPU is going to throw off so much heat?

Also, should I vent my top fans out and back fan out any only have the front fans as intake?

The fans I am using are 9 of the LL 120 RGB Fans

Edited by bsanders03

If you already have the 9 LL, then you can certainly try it. However, I suggest you start with a single layer of fans on the H150, plus the other 3x120 as exhaust in the top/rear. That will keep you on a single RGB controller, 1 lighting channel, and makes things comparatively simple on install. The second RGB hub is usually a pain. More importantly, it will give you a baseline for the standard 3 fan performance.

There is nothing you can really do for the GPU. It's power levels and it's own fans are the only thing that really affect its temperature. Aside from that, all you can do is make sure you keep the air moving around it and then out of the case. Your case fans affect ambient case temperature and this is the baseline for all internal hardware temps. However, a GPU is a large heat source and +2-4C changes in case temp will be a minor part of the total.

I would put the top fans as exhaust to help remove waste heat from the front radiator as well as radiant heat from the VRM, RAM, etc at the op of the board. No reason to blow that back into the case and try to get it out with 1x120 at the back. Also, that keeps the pretty side of the LL looking down.

It seems like you will have RGB channel 2 open and presumably the case lighting can plug in there. I don’t have that model, so someone else may need to confirm it’s connection type.