Corsair Community

How to make K95 RGB Platinum Brighter?

GetShmokdByWill

I recently (3-4 months ago) got the k95 platinum and am not very impressed with the rgb for a $200 top of the line keyboard, the lighting behind the keys are poor without any backplate lighting and the back light at the back of keyboard can’t even be seen from sitting angle.

I recently got hyper x pudding keycaps to try to brighten things up which it did but not much, if I could just get the rgb to be a little bit brighter to fill in those keycaps it would be great!

Any ideas (I already have brightness mode on highest btw)

Don’t make fun of me for crying about rgb but if I pay $200 for it imma use it!

I think you are the first to complain it’s not bright enough. Most users are asking how to turn it down. Is this a K95 Platinum or a K95 Plat. XT? The PBT key caps on the XT would certain tone down the lighting, although they are a clear improvement on the prior PBT set in term of light clarity.

Aside from the brightness slider in the settings and using maximum hue on the color ring, there aren’t any iCUE settings to make it brighter.

Edited by c-attack

I think you are the first to complain it’s not bright enough. Most users are asking how to turn it down. Is this a K95 Platinum or a K95 Plat. XT? The PBT key caps on the XT would certain tone down the lighting, although they are a clear improvement on the prior PBT set in term of light clarity.

Aside from the brightness slider in the settings and using maximum hue on the color ring, there aren’t any iCUE settings to make it brighter.

I have k95 rgb platinum brown keycaps

I can send a picture of you would like but it is not very bright, Also where is the brightness slider in settings, the only beoghtness i use is the button on keyboard with the 3 different lvls of brightness?

Maybe I have a rgb defect?

Also where is the brightness slider in settings, the only beoghtness i use is the button on keyboard with the 3 different lvls of brightness?

That's it. 3 position slider. The other is obviously color intensity, but you are probably already using those at maximum.

it's very hard to discern brightness from photographs, but maybe google of some user pictures (non-promo type) and see if at least looks like it's in the same realm as yours.