Corsair Community

Corsair Lighting Node Pro Detected but LEDs are not working.

misnerp

Alright so I purchased the LNP a while back and ended up not having an internal usb slot open for it to operate. Recently I purchased the NZXT usb internal hub to solve this problem.

On ICUE it detects the LNP however when I choose the lighting Channel 1 (which the LEDs are pluged into) and select 3 (how many strips are plugged in) nothing happens.

I went on to do some research and troubleshooting; I saw that some people were solving this by exchanging the cord for the LNP to a usb and plug it into the NZXT USB slot instead. Didn't work. Then I tried plugging the Usb into an external slot. Still nothing.

I checked ICue to see if it needs an update. It's updated.

Checked to make sure the LNP is plugged into the power supply properly, I believe it is.

I tried unplugging LED strip and plugging it into the second slot on LNP. Still no. I tried disconnecting the second strip from the first strip and switching the settings on Icue to 1 strip. Still nothing. I made sure the 1 strip was correctly plugged into the connector that goes to the LNP. It seems to be fine. Still not working however.

Throughout all of this iCue always detects the LNP but LEDs never come on.

There is a note at the bottom of the LNP page on iCue that says:

Configuring this device with the incorrect product type will result in improper operation or lighting artifacts. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with this.

I'm just confused at this point. I feel like I've tried everything and I'm still not getting any luck with it.

Any suggestions?

Appreciate any help!

It sounds like you've tried everything that I would normally suggest. If you have a multimeter, you can check to see if the LNP is delivering power to the strips - pin 1 is +5V and pin 3 is ground. It may be that the fuses are shot.

You can also try another power connector from the PSU. Make sure that its a full SATA connection and no adapters. Also, have you tried rearranging the strips? Since they run in series, if the first strip is bad, nothing else will work.

Appreciate the tips! I'll have to give that a go. I don't believe that the fuses are shot because my coolant is plugged into the same connector line that the LNP is. And I tried switching the LNP and and coolant and still didn't work. I will try a whole different power line and see if that works.

I did not try taking the first strip out, I was worried about that since all the strips are already in the case but I'll give it a go!

Appreciate it!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I too am having a problem with my LNP.

The LNP is connected to an NZXT internal USB hub. All firmware is updated and iCUE recognizes the LNP.

Channel 2 works fine. Channel 1 does not not work with any of the several Corsair lighting strips or two of my RBG fan hubs.

If it is the internal fuse in the LNP, can that be replaced?