Corsair Community

I have adaptive problems

Makore

I have been using the K70 (Cherry MX Red) for more than 1 year and it is without a doubt the best keyboard that I have tried in my life, without a doubt.

A few weeks ago I caught a good offer of the K95, from which I am writing, with the switches much softer and less noisy. The fact is that, although this last aspect is a delight and I have more than satisfied so I have no fault, I can not get used to the left sidebar of programmable keys (G1, G2 ...). Although I use them for certain functions, at the time of normal use I intuitively associate G1 to ESC, and if I want to make a typical SHIFT + W command, I end up using G5 + TAB, because manual inertia takes my hand to the end of the keyboard.

I thought I would have no problem getting used to it too much, but it is costing me a lot. Is there any advice you can give me or just let me take until I get used to it?

The main problem is that if it is possibly the best keyboard with which I have had contact, this sensation is causing me a bittersweet sensation, of which the keyboard is not to blame, but my subconscious is.

Yes, just keep using it. I am doing the opposite now, having put my K95P off to the side for a K70 MK.2 SE. I keep reaching for G-keys not there and the board feels somehow out of balance — too short on the left. But I also do this every 6 months and know in a few weeks I will have acclimated again.