Corsair Community

Self Build starts 3 times before staying on, but with no video

I have a self-build PC here (not built by me) that is performing very strangely. When it is turned on it starts up, everything turns and fans spin, but then it shuts down and the last code that I can see is 39, though I suspect there may be another that flashes quickly. It then goes throught the exact same process and shuts down with a code 39 again, but on the third boot, it stays on, however, there is nothing displayed on the screen and the Motherboard is showing a code 18 ... any ideas very welcome, please !!!

The MB is an ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, I have removed the GEFORCE RTX2080 video card and gone to on-board graphics but it's made no difference.

Edited by StellaMan
To add specs

Those codes are specific to your BIOS and motherboard. Without that information there's nothing that we can do. And we'd do what you could do yourself - look in the manual. They should have a list of debug codes there. If not, contact the motherboard vendor for support.

Those codes are specific to your BIOS and motherboard. Without that information there's nothing that we can do. And we'd do what you could do yourself - look in the manual. They should have a list of debug codes there. If not, contact the motherboard vendor for support.

Fair point :laughing: !!! Will update specs ...

Could be memory related. It appears those POST codes relate to memory and memory training. I would test the memory installed.

Thank you, apparently there were similar problems before he replaced the MB, which is why I went down the GPU route, Memory was next but unfortunately I'm having to take things slowly at the moment as we have a puppy running wild in the house !!!

Memory modules to be tested next ... thanks :cool:

Strange results, I took all 4 modules out and restarted & got an error code of 53 ... I would have expected 55 by the manual ... "Memory Not Installed" ... odd

I'm now swapping RAM sticks around and getting the original problem ...

Enough is enough now, I need to go to bed, but this is really odd !!!