Corsair Community

Issue Connecting SP120 Fans to LNP

Jakehepp

Hey Everyone,

So i recently purchased a new system, and i got it built in a 460X case, and added the RGB LED Lighting strips + Light Node Pro to the build (i paid a shop to assemble for me so should all be configured correctly).

What i am looking to do is disconnect the Fans from the case controls, and link it to the LNP so i can control the fans using the iCUE software as well.

Currently i only have the 3 Pin 2 wire female to female cable, however when i plug this from the 6 port LED hub into the LNP, the RGB on the fans flicker on and off quickly - like a random strobe light (they should be constant).

The cable that goes from the case controller into the 6 port LED hub has 3 wires, however the extension cable i tried only has 2 wires (photo attached of the cable i have).

I am hoping a 3 wire cable with the same pin/connector will resovle my issue, however i have no idea where i can buy one of these, or if it will in fact solve the problem.

just to clarify, i am looking for the blue cable in the attached wiring diagram i will post below.

Hoping there is an expert here that has run into the same problem and can provide advice.

3pin2wire.thumb.jpg.1dc7396cb956e842b131cd321f015b18.jpg

Hey Everyone,

So i recently purchased a new system, and i got it built in a 460X case, and added the RGB LED Lighting strips + Light Node Pro to the build (i paid a shop to assemble for me so should all be configured correctly).

What i am looking to do is disconnect the Fans from the case controls, and link it to the LNP so i can control the fans using the iCUE software as well.

Currently i only have the 3 Pin 2 wire female to female cable, however when i plug this from the 6 port LED hub into the LNP, the RGB on the fans flicker on and off quickly - like a random strobe light (they should be constant).

The cable that goes from the case controller into the 6 port LED hub has 3 wires, however the extension cable i tried only has 2 wires (photo attached of the cable i have).

I am hoping a 3 wire cable with the same pin/connector will resovle my issue, however i have no idea where i can buy one of these, or if it will in fact solve the problem.

just to clarify, i am looking for the blue cable in the attached wiring diagram i will post below.

Hoping there is an expert here that has run into the same problem and can provide advice.

wiring diagram attached

1816597705_wiringdiargram.thumb.JPG.7bb66cdb53f0fad7528fca42716cac59.JPG

The connector from the LNP to the Fan Hub is supposed to only have 2 cables. So that is correct. Having one with 3 wires will not solve the problem.

Have you configured the fans in Link or iCue yet? I would do that before connecting the fan hub.

Yeah mate already have configured correctly in the software.

I might take a video of the setup tonight when i get home and how the lights flicker then post a video here. Might help to shed some light on what is going on and where i may have gone wrong.

The connector from the LNP to the Fan Hub is supposed to only have 2 cables. So that is correct. Having one with 3 wires will not solve the problem.

Have you configured the fans in Link or iCue yet? I would do that before connecting the fan hub.

This might be a longshot, but due to the fact the Cable has 3 ports/pins and only 2 wires, it might be that i plugged the cable in the wrong way???

maybe flipping the cable the other way will have the desired effect? I will try this before going crazy and making videos tonight.

This might be a longshot, but due to the fact the Cable has 3 ports/pins and only 2 wires, it might be that i plugged the cable in the wrong way???

maybe flipping the cable the other way will have the desired effect? I will try this before going crazy and making videos tonight.

The cable will only go one way. It's not the cable.

Can you post a screen cap of your Link configuration screen?

The cable will only go one way. It's not the cable.

Can you post a screen cap of your Link configuration screen?

yep after getting home for a look it looks like only goes one way....fml.

heres a vid of what i am getting, i have done further reading and it looks to be an issue with the LNP or the firmware.

[ame]

[/ame]

Yeah, that thread is around a year old; it indicates that it's resolved with firmware. Which is the next thing to do ... force an update of the firmware, even if it says that it's the most recent version.

If Link is doing the same thing, then its definitely a hardware issue.

yeah i might have to take it back to where i got the PC built and get them to upgrade the fans to the LL120, hopefully they work as advertised.

Thanks for all your assistance troubleshooting mate. Cheers!

yeah i might have to take it back to where i got the PC built and get them to upgrade the fans to the LL120, hopefully they work as advertised.

Thanks for all your assistance troubleshooting mate. Cheers!

Personally, I prefer the LL or HD fans over the SP fans. Better effects and both are PWM control rather than DC control. Before you do that, though, try to force the firmware to update ... don't want you needing to get new fans when these should work (unless you really want to ... in which case, I don't want to stop you!)

Archived