Corsair Community

Asus P6T Deluxe V2 can't detect 12GB RAM!

qianlin

Hi,

I have a Asus P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard. I bought two kits of TR3X6G1600C8. That's 12gb total of ram. In the bios it detects around 8gb. It doesn't detect 8192 mb. Its something a little more. I'm not at my computer to check right now. In vista it says 8gb. When i run Cpu-z, i get 12 gb of ram. I thought it might be something with the mobo, so i called asus. They said the memory controller was faulty. He said i had to get a new cpu:[pouts:Also when i run memtest86+ it says my memory is running dual channel and running at 1069mhz.1069mhz:confused::confused::confused: Memtest also says something around 8gb. But not exactly 8192mbs.

Please help!! Anyone got an answer:laughing::laughing:

I have test all 6. One is dead. It will not boot. I tried 3 times. Still missing 2 gbs. I don't have time to check the motherboard yet. Also i thought 2gb was 2048 mb. The ones that work report 2040 mb. :confused::confused:

Ok, i just tested the motherboard. One slot is dead. One of the ram is also dead. So it was two reasons only 8gb was showing up. I will RMA the motherboard to asus or newegg right away. Since one of the modules is broken, i think i will have to rma the whole kit. Should i RMA it to Corsair or Newegg.com? :laughing: Thanks for your help

• Corsair Employee

Before you replace the MB I would check the CPU is mounted properly and there are no bent pins in the CPU Socket,, then re-seat the CPU and test that socket again. And for the modules just get the set replaced with the failing module in it.

TR3X6G1600C8

Let's get them replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them.

Before you replace the MB I would check the CPU is mounted properly and there are no bent pins in the CPU Socket,, then re-seat the CPU and test that socket again. And for the modules just get the set replaced with the failing module in it.

TR3X6G1600C8

Did you try reseating the CPU? If your problem is simply the CPU not seated properly, you can save yourself an RMA.

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I have the same problem and i want a solution please :-) i'm finaly a total of 10 Gb of memory instead of 12 Gb ! i understant why you have 8 Gb, i have same situation if i put all the slot. with five slot i have 10 Gb and with 6 slot-> 8 Gb !!!

Excuse me for my english, i'm french !

Thanks.

Hello,

I have the same problem and i want a solution please :-) i'm finaly a total of 10 Gb of memory instead of 12 Gb ! i understant why you have 8 Gb, i have same situation if i put all the slot. with five slot i have 10 Gb and with 6 slot-> 8 Gb !!!

Excuse me for my english, i'm french !

Thanks.

Please look at the troubleshooting steps listed here:

Asus X58 + 6/12GB memory overclocking - detecting less memory than installed

Archived