Corsair Community

AX1200 Gold series

Sarimus

Hi everyone, 2 questions for you experts.

1. Can someone post a photo of the pin outs for the AX1200 Gold series, I’m led to believe they are different to other AX series. I need to make up cables I can’t get locally or easily.

2. I can get cables to suit AXI, HXI and RM power supplies, does the AX1200 gold have the same SATA plug ends as those power supplies, that way I could purchase those cables and just change the pin outs.

Thanks heaps

Sarimus

• Corsair Employee

Unfortunately we do not have the pinout information available but if you are comfortable with using a volt meter you should be able to get that information yourself very easily. As for cable compatibility please refer to the page below. The AX1200 Gold PSU does indeed use different cables than the other power supplies with the exception of the 24-pin ATX being our Type 3 cable.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/psu-cable-compatibility

• 2 weeks later...

That’s a poor response. How the heck are you meant to read that compatibility chart.

I presume you look along the top for the power supply,

Oh and look, it has a column for AX gold, but in brackets it states excludes ax1200.

So you can’t tell me what sort of plugs are on the AX 1200, so it sounds like Corsair decided to make the AX1200 gold and put completely different plugs on it compared to all the other power supplies.

So then someone who has a AX1200 gold and lives outside of the USA cannot purchase a cable for it.

Great work Corsair