Corsair Community

Auto profile switching stopped working after firmware 1.20 update

Y0kenB

Hi,

I have 4 profiles setup. each with their own colour profiles and a couple of modes for each.

Since the firmware update, the profiles don't switch anymore to any of my profiles.(StarCraft 2 - correct exe selected, DCS World are my two main profile switchers in case you were wondering)

I disabled the 16.8mil colours already, which solved one of my other issues, but this still prevails.

thanks,

Strange I use automatic profile switching and they work most of the time.

The issues I have is that sometimes if there is a screen flicker during loading, it sometimes reverts to the default profile. (As if it thinks I did Alt-Tab)

If you tab in and out of the game, does it properly detect the profile and switch?

Did you also update CUE? Older versions of CUE do not like the 1.20 firmware.

So I'm all up to date on the firmware and CUE after the latest update, and CUE will detect my program (game) but after about twenty minutes of playing, it randomly switches back to default profile out of the profile that had different modes for different games.

Tabbing to desktop and then going back into the game allows CUE to redetect the program but the problem repeats itself.

Have you tried running the game in Window mode temporarily? Does CUE still switch profiles?

That will get it to detect the game and switch to the appropriate profile and mode, but the problem is CUE later switching to default spontaneously during the game. It's closer to an hour into gameplay.

That will get it to detect the game and switch to the appropriate profile and mode, but the problem is CUE later switching to default spontaneously during the game. It's closer to an hour into gameplay.

+1 - same here. CS:GO exe - does change on startup - if I alttab and alttab back it sometimes recognizes it and goes to game-profile again

• Corsair Employee

We saw this occur randomly during testing and when we ran a utility to capture what was going on that triggered the profile switch, we found that it was related to pop-ups. For example, when anyone ever got an instant message and got system taskbar pop-ups, it would actually momentarily switch to explorer and hence why the profile changes. This also occured on systems that was using windows without CD-keys and got that annoying reminder.

I would double check to ensure nothing like that is happening since we were never able to see a scenario where the profile switches by itself without something to trigger it (doesn't mean its impossible though).

Been experiencing this since the new update too. Been surfing the web with a firefox profile active on a site that I've used for years (gpupdate.net) and then it just decides it wants to go back to default profile. NEVER used to do this before and I dont have a copy of the old firmware to beta test for corsair. It does seem corsair have a track record of fixing one thing and breaking other things. 16 million colours now with added flicker and random profile switching. So disheartened with this whole fiasco. If the keyboard wasn't so nice to use it would of gone back a long time ago.

I just bought my k95 today, and I'm trying to set it up, but whatever I link to a profile, it doesn't work.

I open the program I set to a dark profile (my Zoom player - a video player) and when I run it, nothing happens.

I tried with a lot of other programs like notepad and stuff, but I can't get the keyboard to change to it's profile when I open it... I can send a video with me setting it up and running the application, so you can see it Not working :)

• Corsair Employee
I just bought my k95 today, and I'm trying to set it up, but whatever I link to a profile, it doesn't work.

I open the program I set to a dark profile (my Zoom player - a video player) and when I run it, nothing happens.

I tried with a lot of other programs like notepad and stuff, but I can't get the keyboard to change to it's profile when I open it... I can send a video with me setting it up and running the application, so you can see it Not working :)

Sure, let me check it out. Does the keyboard work in general, however?

I have an asus X99 Deluxe, 32GB 2666 CL13, 780ti, 1000w power 80 platinum.. running Windows 8.1 pro.

Everything else in this keyboard is running perfectly. Just any association of a profile to the an application doesn't work At All!

I've had mine randomly switch back to default profile while playing a game as well. Game was not running in a window. Profile changed to correct one when I stated playing and then just went back to the default in the middle of playing. Automatic profile switching seems to be very buggy in this version.

• Corsair Employee
I've had mine randomly switch back to default profile while playing a game as well. Game was not running in a window. Profile changed to correct one when I stated playing and then just went back to the default in the middle of playing. Automatic profile switching seems to be very buggy in this version.

Were you sure there were no pop-ups in the taskbar?

It was a game running full screen without being in window mode. So the game is active unless I alt tab out. Once it changed back to the default profile, I tried to get it to change back by alt tabbing out and going back to the game and it did not work (there were no other windows on the task bar when I did this). Only way I could get it to go back to the correct profile was to completely exit the game and launch it again.

I have the same problem since when i bought my k70 rgb. it worked once, when i plugged my keyboard for the first time, and never again. I set up a program or a game (even chrome) and it doesnt work. Nothing happens. And i tried with a lot of programs, the CUE just doesnt get the info about a program running i bet.

The rest of things are working fine tho

• Corsair Employee
It was a game running full screen without being in window mode. So the game is active unless I alt tab out. Once it changed back to the default profile, I tried to get it to change back by alt tabbing out and going back to the game and it did not work (there were no other windows on the task bar when I did this). Only way I could get it to go back to the correct profile was to completely exit the game and launch it again.

What game is this?

• Corsair Employee
I have the same problem since when i bought my k70 rgb. it worked once, when i plugged my keyboard for the first time, and never again. I set up a program or a game (even chrome) and it doesnt work. Nothing happens. And i tried with a lot of programs, the CUE just doesnt get the info about a program running i bet.

The rest of things are working fine tho

Ive just tried it and don't have an issue with Chrome. What path did you use?

It also doesn't work for me.

Now I'm in the process of reverse engineering Corsair software to be able to change profile via injected dll. As soon as I'm done with it I'll make a public git repo for everyone.

It would be the best thing in the world if Corsair released any kind of API or at least opened sources of this software. I see no reason for it to be closed. I bet that community would create some wonderful mods for it and fairly quickly fix all problems.

I know that this will never happen which is sad. But MAYBE, maybe some developer reading this message will at least suggest it on next meeting. Never stop the hope.

We saw this occur randomly during testing and when we ran a utility to capture what was going on that triggered the profile switch, we found that it was related to pop-ups. For example, when anyone ever got an instant message and got system taskbar pop-ups, it would actually momentarily switch to explorer and hence why the profile changes. This also occured on systems that was using windows without CD-keys and got that annoying reminder.

I would double check to ensure nothing like that is happening since we were never able to see a scenario where the profile switches by itself without something to trigger it (doesn't mean its impossible though).

Game is full screen on primary monitor running off dedicated graphics card, while second monitor is playing in browser (chrome) video through integrated graphics. There are positively no pop-ups and no messages in system tray either. It just does the switch to default randomly.

Game is full screen on primary monitor running off dedicated graphics card, while second monitor is playing in browser (chrome) video through integrated graphics. There are positively no pop-ups and no messages in system tray either. It just does the switch to default randomly.

There are NO pop-up happening for me too as games are in full screen and firefox a window.

I am having the same problem.

Path is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo.exe

It's not just CS:GO either, any program I try to use will not change the profile on launch.

"Default to Standard Lighting Mode" is checked, should it not be?

Have tried with/without 16.8m Color Mode

Firmware 1.20 / CUE 1.5.108

Archived