Corsair Community

LS100 Video Lighting Stops working

Has anyone experienced issues with Video lighting where it stops working ? I have to either force it offline (via force firmware upgrade) or deleting the lighting channel and re-adding.

I attached a screenshot on i currently have this configured.

1931967006_Annotation2020-01-21202030.jpg.18499719c94340b7c8fdc334a4aaf189.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are there any conditions where it stops working like that?

Next time it happens, could you go to the Settings page in iCUE, export a Logs file, and upload it?

Haven't pinpointed any specific condition where it stops working like that. I'll keep an eye out.

It just recently happened.

Logs attached. Thanks !

icue.zip

Edited by kobrah

unfortunately that just seems like the corsair icue way, unless you're already in the corsair ecosystem of products return it for a nzxt hue or something.

the value we get from the LS100 is that at least all this **** is consolidated in one buggy app instead of multiple RGB apps.

• Corsair Employee
Hi, this has been brought to my attention. Users shouldn't be forcing an update to resolve the issue, this isn't a good workaround. We will investigate by reviewing your logs. I see that users are reporting this occurs during benchmark testing. There can be adverse effects when trying to do CPU-related tasks while running a benchmark. Please also list the games you are playing, and the version of drivers you're using for GPU as well so we can try to simulate in the lab. Edited by Corsair James

Hi, this has been brought to my attention. Users shouldn't be forcing an update to resolve the issue, this isn't a good workaround. We will investigate by reviewing your logs. I see that users are reporting this occurs during benchmark testing. There can be adverse effects when trying to do CPU-related tasks while running a benchmark. Please also list the games you are playing, and the version of drivers you're using for GPU as well so we can try to simulate in the lab.

Hi James,

The issue occurs in different scenarios, at initial boot up of the OS, after playing a game, running full screen RDP , browsing the web and etc. I just happened to be running a benchmark for another reason and wanted to document what was the scenario at the moment of failure .

GPU drivers: 442.19 (happened in previous driver version as well)

Games: COD Modern Ware fare, APEX Legends, Doom, Escape from Tarkov, Battlefield 1 &5, GTA V and Need for speed : Heat

Additional info: recently wiped my boot drive and reinstalled windows using the latest media from Microsoft, build 1909. Previous windows install was the same build and was up to date as well.

Monitor: Samsung CGR9 at 120hz with gsync enabled for full screen only.

Also, running an extension kit for the light strips due to the size of the monitor. Since their is no initial support for Ultra wide, I’m running the hardware lighting as if it was a dual monitor setup.

I was trying to look at anything that stands out. Could you provide the process name that would show up that handled the actual screen capturing for the video ambient lighting ?

Edited by kobrah
fixed spelling

Hi, not to hijack this thread but I also want to ad some input - I came home from a week away and everything was working fine. I saw I had GPU drivers to update (Geforce 442.19 was the update) and ever since then I am now only getting 1 short strip and half a long strip to work. I have 6 strips in total (4 short, 2 long) and no matter what I do I can only get 1.5 strips to work. Again, this only started after updating my GPU drivers.

Restarting my PC, closing iCue and restarting it and unplugging the device with the PC off and going through all that does not fix the problem. Even force updating firmware doesn't help.

The only thing that has changed in the last week is my GPU drivers so I suspect there is a conflict going on between them and iCue.

Hope this info can help.

Hi, this has been brought to my attention. Users shouldn't be forcing an update to resolve the issue, this isn't a good workaround. We will investigate by reviewing your logs. I see that users are reporting this occurs during benchmark testing. There can be adverse effects when trying to do CPU-related tasks while running a benchmark. Please also list the games you are playing, and the version of drivers you're using for GPU as well so we can try to simulate in the lab.

I've had the some problem with Pubg, Forza Horizon and BF4. It doesn't always happen though. If I edit the profile (remove and re-add the effect) it works fine - so you don't have to reset the service or force firmware etc.

It actually appears to default to my desktop wallpaper's colours, as if it's ignoring anything dynamic in the Fullscreen window.

Nvidia driver 442.19

I've had the some problem with Pubg, Forza Horizon and BF4. It doesn't always happen though. If I edit the profile (remove and re-add the effect) it works fine - so you don't have to reset the service or force firmware etc.

It actually appears to default to my desktop wallpaper's colours, as if it's ignoring anything dynamic in the Fullscreen window.

Nvidia driver 442.19

I’ve noticed the same behavior in regards to defaulting to wallpaper, as if the process got stuck after login at some point. This makes it difficult to catch the issue right away since it makes you think it’s working.

you could try to do this, so far it looks like its helping me not restart icue so often, I'll keep you posted

That may be a bug with iCUE.

We recommend performing a clean install of iCUE. Please follow the steps below:

Open your computer's Control Panel.

Open the Programs and Features options.

Select Corsair Utility Engine in the list, and then select Uninstall.

Press Window Key + R to open the Run command.

Type %appdata% and press Enter.

Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.

Return to the Run window and type %localappdata%.

Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.

Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\.

Delete any Corsair folders in that folder.

Type Regedit in the Run window and then click OK.

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ and delete the Corsair folder.

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ and delete the Corsair folder.

Restart your computer.

Download a new installer file for iCUE from Corsair.com and reinstall.

If you need assistance with these steps, please reach out to our support team.

thanks ! I'll give it a shot. What was the issue/reason that you were provided these instructions?

video lighting freezing after being in use for a short while and no longer responding to whats being displayed on screen

you could try to do this, so far it looks like its helping me not restart icue so often, I'll keep you posted

edit: thanks for trying to help but...

If you are still restarting iCue to resolve this problem:

a) That's not resolved it

b) you don't need to restart iCue to fix it anyway

This looks like a bug that will require a software fix - or an as yet unidentified compatibility issue.

@kobrah - I searched the forum for that fix and couldn't find it, not in ambient lighting or anywhere else - maybe it was a DM.

Seems the problem with LS100 video lighting stops working (freezing during matching screen, on my setup) is related to latest NVIDIA + iCUE installation. This morning I rolled back to prior version RTX Driver. (Roll back due to this was the last update done on my system). I tested several games / apps / etc.. iCUE Video freeze issue has gone away.

Can someone at Corsair do same and validate? May need a corsair compatibility update.

Thanks,

Louis

Seems the problem with LS100 video lighting stops working (freezing during matching screen, on my setup) is related to latest NVIDIA + iCUE installation. This morning I rolled back to prior version RTX Driver. (Roll back due to this was the last update done on my system). I tested several games / apps / etc.. iCUE Video freeze issue has gone away.

Can someone at Corsair do same and validate? May need a corsair compatibility update.

Thanks,

Louis

@Louis

Great info. What version of iCue and Nvidia driver did the freezing go away ? Also, did the video lighting continuously worked ?