Corsair Community

Old link system/windows 10. Will the mini fix it?

Ricinulei

I have A very high end system with the old commander and lighting node and the old fan hub. Ax1200i and An h100i. Windows 10 screwed everything up, my old software wouldn't run anymore and the new software wont run with my old commander. I don't remember what version I was running or what firmware is on any of my devices because once I had everything working, I simply let it be. My question is, What is the best course of action? I'm willing to buy updated hardware. Can I buy the commander mini and just plug all my exsisting link devices in there and it work on windows 10? Will my old cooling and lighting nodes work with it or will I have to re-do the wiring for my fans?

See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143723. Corsair did an RMA of an old Commander to a CL mini for me, but others have had less luck.

I have had seen all the hardware you mention working when plugged into a CL Mini, but expect you won't need to use the Cooling Node.

The issue is not just with Windows 10, CL 3.2.5676 is unable to detect the old Commander on my Windows 7 system, though my own software can on all of Windows 2000 to Windows 10.

If you see anyone having this problem, please let me know. "Sorry, you're SOL" isn't the way we do things here.

Thank you, I am happy to hear you are on the case. I feel the best option would be for you to create a sticky thread that clearly says what in meant to happen.

The thread should also address all the rubbish about CL 2.7.5361 being the last version to support the old Commander given CL 3.1.5667 reported mine and many others with no issues, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=795853.

At the moment it seems to be down to the luck of the draw as to what happens. As I said I got an RMA on an old Commander, but others are just getting the run-a-round.

Given SIV needs 30 lines of C code to support the old Commander why on earth don't Corsair just fix CL :confused:. OK the CL code is not ideal, but adding a 30 line function can't be that hard :roll:.

I would also like to know why CL 3.2.5695 only reports 1 x CLCC when CL 3.2.5676 reported 2 x CLCC :confused:. This regression is totally unacceptable :mad: and someone needs a :asskick:. It in not mentioned in the release notes :beatchair. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=795643.

Allright, so I was waiting on the update for the commander to work with windows 10, so I plugged my h100i into my motherboard so I would have some control until the update. It worked fine at first and then it started showing multiple sets of fans on the h100i. I knew there was a firmware update of some kind for it, so I started it, I hit auto, and I waited forever and ever and nothing happened and I tried to click cancel, and that didn't work, so I hit the little X on the window and now I think I bricked my h100i. lol what do I do now? you know, I wouldn't even care anymore, but because I had the LED set to red, when I eventually shut down this machine and turn it back on, my LED is going to be pink, because it will be white and red at the same time, and that is going to suck. I was looking at just building a custom loop, I could do it, but, wow 1000$ for something that does the same thing this 100$ one does. I mean, my 4930k is OC and never goes over 45c on quiet mode and its been running almost 24/7 for over a year. I hope I can get this sorted out! lets say that money didn't matter and I wanted to keep running corsair cooling, what is the most high end killer stuff you've got right now that I should buy and drop in this rig? anything?

well, I uninstalled corsair link, deleted the app data, used cc cleaner, unplugged the machine over night, and the led was still pink and then I reinstalled corsair link and it wouldn't pick up the h100i. unless theres a fancy trick to resetting the h100i I think its just bricked, and that's fine, I know that you guys are willing to support it but I just think a little hardware refresh is in order at this point. I allready ordered the new h100i GTX and the commander mini and a new side panel for the 900D, as they degrade over time. if there was a way to keep this older h100i going I would do it but I don't think there is...is there? :)

• 2 weeks later...

ok, I found the time to install the commander mini and i just plugged everything into it. corsair link opened up and i scrolled down the list on the left and it detected my led lighting, the h100i, my cooling node and my power supply, i clicked on the power tab and looked around in there, it looked fine, and the firmware update window popped up, i thought, better not...but clicked auto update anyway.

The first update it did completed but then it started another one and then it displayed an unhandled exception window and crashed. the drivers are on here but the commander wont get detected by corsair link anymore. it would be soo funny if i bricked the mini in the first 5 minutes. any advice?

If I wipe and reinstall, unplug all of the devices from the commander, corsair link only has "corsair hydro" in the devices tab and the update window comes up, I have no choice but to hit auto update, and then it says unhandled exception and crashes, I could post the log if that helps. Attached is my SIV link devices window screenshot.

2097863512_linkdevicestab.thumb.jpg.3e48cd97ce415fc6657d891ec757e186.jpg

I too have very high end system with hundreds of dollars of corsair link equipment that I can no longer properly use. I have a h100i the original commander and 2 cooling and 2 lighting nodes with 7 corsair af series fans. I have been forced to use a modified link 2.7 on windows 10. I sincerely hope this new version of link gets out sooner than later.

Attached is my SIV link devices window screenshot.

Firstly please update to the SIV 5.02 release as it better deals with the PMBus Bridge and H80iGT having the same PID (Product ID).

Looking at the screen shot I don't think the CLCC is bricked and suspect the firmware crashed. What happens is you power cycle it and what does [uSB Bus] report? Please post two new screen shots.

attachment.php?attachmentid=22769&d=1441612577

Hey red-ray, I powered it down and removed the cooling node and everything is working now. It seems like that was the problem but that is weird because the lighting node works just fine. The great thing is, this fixed my h100i and i don't have to install the new one now. Thanks for all the help everyone, my link is working on W10 now.

Hey red-ray, I powered it down and removed the cooling node and everything is working now. It seems like that was the problem but that is weird because the lighting node works just fine. The great thing is, this fixed my h100i and i don't have to install the new one now. Thanks for all the help everyone, my link is working on W10 now.

Thank you for the update and I am happy to hear everything is now working.

I have not recently tried a Cooling node via a CLCC, but suspect I will check this out tomorrow. I suspect you just needed to power cycle the CLCC.

Please will you post the SIV [Link Status] panel so I can see what firmware versions you have?

I too have very high end system with hundreds of dollars of corsair link equipment that I can no longer properly use. I have a h100i the original commander and 2 cooling and 2 lighting nodes with 7 corsair af series fans. I have been forced to use a modified link 2.7 on windows 10. I sincerely hope this new version of link gets out sooner than later.

I have a CL beta that reports my 4 x CLCC + 1 x old Commander + ..., but can't say when it will be released.

I have a CL beta that reports my 4 x CLCC + 1 x old Commander + ..., but can't say when it will be released.

You wouldn't perhaps be able to turn fans completely off in this beta too? Because that is a much needed feature. I understand that some fans become unstable below 40%, but they can go from 0 to 40% whether it PMW or voltage. Asus does this in the Fan Xpert 2 software on some of their motherboards. Adding this simple feature would not only allow the link system to be much more efficient than any other software based fan controller, but would allow for a much better user experience.

I have not recently tried a Cooling node via a CLCC, but suspect I will check this out tomorrow.

I have just tested 2 x Cooling Node via CLCC, the hardware works and SIV reports it. As I don't have CL 3.2.5695 installed I could not check this though I expect it will work.

attachment.php?attachmentid=22784&stc=1&d=1441787236

1305680367_CLCC2xCoolingNode.thumb.png.293e6c6b2d29023fa1c37b3c92227184.png

If you see anyone having this problem, please let me know. "Sorry, you're SOL" isn't the way we do things here.

That's exactly the message I got :(

"Created By: Justin G. (8/21/2015 8:16 AM)

We are currently working on a Windows 10-compatible Link software that supports our legacy Commander unit. As your unit is past the 1 year warranty, it is not eligible for a warranty replacement. "

Hope for help? :)

In the short term, there isn't much I can do except continue pushing on the software and validations teams to get the version that fixes the Commander validated and out the door.

Fair enough, hard to do more than one can.

Sadly this whole Link thing have made lose some of my trust in Corsair, that and getting two M65 in a row that were defect - though I did get both RMA'ed.

Archived