Corsair Community

Connecting RGB lighting strips.

snapper69

I'm thinking about getting 1 or 2 sets of the RGB lighting strips for my 900D, I already have a Commander Mini but that only has 1 LED connection. Do I just connect all the strips in series, either using the supplied cables or by simply joining the strips together and then connect the first one to the Mini?

I'm not sure whether to get 1 set and just put them either on each side or top and bottom, or whether to get 2 sets and either join 2 together and install them on the 2 sides or the top and bottom or install 1 on each side and one top and bottom. My only concern is whether the cables provided will be long enough, is it possible to use other cables to extend them?

Thanks

Are they the same as fan cables? if so I have a couple of extension cables. Otherwise I can buy 2 sets, join two strips together (without an extension) to make 1 strip, then put the one double strip on one side and the other one on the other side and then join them with the extension cables, keeping one back to connect them to the Mini.

Archived