Corsair Community

corsair 256gb X series disaster

mespo365

Spent hours(8+) trying to get this thing to work. Started with the drive not being detected tried multiple computers, multiple bios settings etc. I have installed 2 ssd's previously and I know that all bios settings were correct.

Long story short I used a pin jumper and got the drive to be recognized as yatapdaal barefoot-r. once I reboot and remove the pin the drive is recognized and the computer actually posts. It would previously get locked up here. Bios sees the drive but windows/ windows install doesnt like it. It wont show up or windows freezes.

The next step taken was to update the fw via a 98boot disk as seen on a sticky. When I run the firmware utility the drive is found, but I get the error Firmware download fail!

After this the drive wont be recognized and I have to repeat the process of using a jumper and restarted. The drive will show up again, but same error.

The next step is to RMA this. I just wanted to see if anyone has had a similar problem/solution before I smash this thing.

thanks

Archived