Corsair Community

cant update fermware

murf334

my optimizing soft ware told me my firm ware needed to be updated on my force GT 240gb, my last firmware update was 5.02 142 142 22956. so I tried to update the firmware with the new 5.03 22956 I got the little green check so I rebooted and reset the bios and the firmware still says v 5.02 :[pouts:

so ok what am I doing wrong I am running the updater in admin mode :(:

MSAHCI is replaced on windows 8 with STORAHCI according to Microsoft :[pouts: so now what I have an 890gxm-g65 (MSI) mother board I go to the MSI forum and it seems their more confused about setting the bios for AHCI :(: aarrrrrgggg ::pirate:: me wants to make the whole lot walk the plank :D:

ahah had a brain fart and found the info I needed

this is a registry edit: go to hkey_local_machine\system\currentcontrolset\services\storahci\

locate the error control entry which should have a value of 3 right click on the entry name, select modify, change it from a 3 to a 0 click ok

then open the startoverride folder and locate an entry named 0 with a value of 3 right click and change it from a 3 to a 0 click ok exit the regedit

reboot to your bios and enable ahci.

I checked my system in the control panel and my disk transfer rate went from a 7.4 to a 8.1

now I will do a backup of my computer after that I will attempt to update my firm ware again

now I have updated my firmware and it shows v 5.03 yaaaa all is well I hope some of this info helps someone else out

Archived