Corsair Community

Dark Core Pro Not Pairing Bluetooth on iPad

I just purchased the Dark Core RGB Pro SE so that I could use it between my desktop (2.4GHz) and my iPad Pro 2020 (Bluetooth) which I use as a laptop. However I have not been able at all to connect the device to the iPad.

When connecting through the bluetooth menu I get an error messaging stating "Pairing Unsuccessful

Pairing took too long. Make sure "DARK CORE RGB PRO SE". is turned on, in range, and is ready to pair."

I've tried resetting the device with LMB+RMB, resetting by holding FWD+BACK, connecting through the bluetooth menu on the iPad, connecting through AssistiveTouch>devices>bluetooth devices...(just keeps spinning), Switch Control>Switches>Bluetooth Device...(also keeps spinning)

I thought this would be the perfect premium mouse to offer both bluetooth and 2.4 input. However, this is the only bluetooth mouse I have owned that I cannot get to work on my iPad, which is quite saddening for how nice of a mouse it is.

IMG_F6CF20CF6F64-1.thumb.jpeg.20f9d30ed1d45f20b6f17ea766a508ac.jpeg

Hello,

Unfortunately, the Dark Core RGB Pro SE is not compatible with any iOS device. We apologize for the inconvenience.

That should be mentioned somewhere on your product then! That is completely unacceptable, especially on a Bluetooth product. If you release a USB mouse incompatible with macOS, common sense says you would say it’s incompatible with macOS, but it’s a standard HID IT SHOULD WORK!

Why have you decided not to support it?

• Corsair Employee
That should be mentioned somewhere on your product then! That is completely unacceptable, especially on a Bluetooth product. If you release a USB mouse incompatible with macOS, common sense says you would say it’s incompatible with macOS, but it’s a standard HID IT SHOULD WORK!

Why have you decided not to support it?

Hi,

The DARK CORE SE RGB is supported with macOS (MacBooks, iMac, etc), which may require a Windows OS to update the mouse's firmware to 3.35.8 first. iOS (iPhones, iPads) is not officially supported.

You can find a list of macOS supported devices here.

Like I said, you have not stated your products are incompatible with iOS anywhere. As well the mouse should connect to the device as it is a bluetooth mouse. When you are programming the device for use as a bluetooth HID, the compatibility is BUILT into the technology, there really is no excuse for it to not be compatible with iPadOS.

I have found a number of posts now stating incompatibility with the Corsair Harpoon line as well, and similarly there is no official mentioning of incompatibility when you go to BUY the product or view the product page.

I see that you only recently updated your products for support with macOS however, so you are actively updating your products for compatibility. Do you plan on extending compatibility to iPadOS?

• 2 months later...

I'm very curious about where it stands for future support for iOS devices, and more specifically iPadOS. Like the author, I find it unacceptable that this mouse is not compatible in bluetooth with these devices.

Thank you to a member of the Corsair staff for answering us precisely.

• 2 years later...