Corsair Community

H100i Power Header plug snapped on install

pbradley

The plug snapped where the Y cable plugs in.

I dont want to boot because of fear of frying my new I7-6700k. Will there still be sufficient cooling without the direct plug into this? Can I bypass it by plugging the radiator into the MOBO?

The unit is apparently VERY fragile.

Any info is appreciated!

You could connect both fans to the CPU and CPU_OPT headers on your motherboard (if it has both) - or configure two case fan headers, or finally PWM Y lead off the CPU header to run those fans.

If you're itching to test it, you could boot up with just the radiator connected (as long as the pump is connected properly) to test. The bulk of the liquid will take so long to heat up you run no danger of checking to see if the system will post or even boot into windows, so long as you don't start running it for more than 10 mins or so (monitor temps) and certainly don't OC to 4.8ghz and start a Linpack test!

Proof: I just ran my 6600k at 4.6ghz with just the pump/radiator connected, coolant temp barely raised .5 deg C over the 10 mins I was playing with the fans trying to see if it was one of them that was noisy.

As long as you are talking about the fan connection to the pump block and not the pump connection to the motherboard, you can certainly move the fans to the motherboard and use your BIOS or other software controls for fan speed. You will still need the 3 pin connector from the pump to be on the board, set to 100% or disabled to make sure the pump gets 12v. Also, when set up this way, Link will not be able to control the fans, so don't bother with the temp curves. It will still report coolant temperature and change the LED colors.

Archived