Corsair Community

available with Cherry MX Brown!!! Unfortunately, only in Germany?

Kakarotto

I want to buy a K65 RGB keyboard, because it's TKL. I'm looking for a MX Brown switches and obviously on official Corsair's website there is only version with MX Red switches :(: (product code: CH-9000222-NA or EU etc.).

How big my surprise was, when I found out on german Amazon and many other german online shops, that they actually have this keyboard with Cherry MX Brown switches:!: It has product code: CH-9000228-DE. So as you can see, the number 222 refers to Red switches, and 228 refers to Brown ones. I had been ready to buy it until I saw that it has different and weird buttons arrangement in comparison to NA version which I prefer.

Link to german Amazon with K65 RGB MX Brown: http://www.amazon.de/Corsair-CH-9000228-DE-Performance-Multi-Colour-Mechanische/dp/B015C9Y658

If you want to find more offers, just google: "Corsair CH-9000228"

So there is my question to you Corsair, why the NA/international version of K65 RGB with Brown switches is not available ???

And if you're going to release it, when will it be?

Please Corsair, I really want NA version of K65 RGB with MX Brown.

EDIT:

There are also versions:

CH-9000228-ND Nordic

CH-9000228-CZ Czech

KE-CK65RGB-BR South Africa

Now, that's new. I wasn't aware they finally made the K65 with brown switches. I did try to look around too but I can't see the NA version anywhere either.

Actually I can't even find that SKU code on Corsair's own site, maybe it has been released only recently and they have yet to update their site.

• 4 weeks later...
The K65 RGB brown switches was made for specific regions by popular demand. It will only be a limited run as well and it will not be available in NA

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO I've been waiting for this since I discovered the K65 even exists :'(

How is there possibly more demand in Czech Republic and *South Africa* than NA? Isn't that like 0.5% of NA market?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
It is not my decision, but I have informed the big boss that there is a demand for K65 RGB browns here in MURICA. Let's see how that goes

As already stated, mx brown switches are the most popular switch in North America. Therefore, mx brown should be the first available option on new keyboards. I made an account here specifically to request a version of the k65 with these switches, as I am apart of the ~50% of the population that prefers brown to blue or red.

• Corsair Employee
As already stated, mx brown switches are the most popular switch in North America. Therefore, mx brown should be the first available option on new keyboards. I made an account here specifically to request a version of the k65 with these switches, as I am apart of the ~50% of the population that prefers brown to blue or red.

Red is actually more popular than Brown but not by much (according to our own sales data).

• 1 month later...
It is not my decision, but I have informed the big boss that there is a demand for K65 RGB browns here in MURICA. Let's see how that goes

Looking forward to purchase Corsair K65 Gaming MX Brown switch in Indonesia as well.

• 1 month later...

I know lots of us would love the opportunity to buy an MX Brown version of the K65 in the US and I would personally be willing to pay a price premium for option of better switches. To be honest, I have even considered buying one of the foreign (German, etc.) version and trying to replace the key-caps and flash the US firmware, but I wasn't sure that would work, since they could be wired differently. (anyone tried this?)

I would normally just buy something like the Ducky One TKL RGB, but I really like the software control offered by Corsair. I also think the K65 keys sit way too high, but I'd still buy it.

It's too bad you guys can't just do a limited run of like 500 and sell them for $200+ apiece. With the proper labeling (now with Cherry MX Brown!!!) I think you would be amazed how fast these would sell out.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Here's another user just signing up to ask for Cherry Mx Brown version of K65 RGB. I'm trying to find it with either Scandinavian or German layout. I think your sales statictics are blinding you, as you only offer most of your keyboard with Mx Red and people like me, who love Mx Brown, are forced to buy Mx Red. I have not met anyone who likes Mx Red more than Mx Brown and more and more people will flock to other companies & Razer oranges if you dont start providing the color we truely love.

• 2 weeks later...
Another user just registered here to say I want a K65 with MX RGB Browns! The K70 is way too big since I would be using this for FPS games so the num pad is just in my way of mouse travel. Please please please!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived