Corsair Community

Help for purchasing RAM required

amitgedia

Hi,

I have an Asus Rampage V Extreme mobo and intel i7 5820k processor

I want to upgrade my RAM to 32 GB and i was searching the website and was interested in buying -

"SKU CMK16GX4M1D3000C16

VENGEANCE® LPX 16GB (1 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C16 Memory Kit - Black"

I just wanted to know whether this RAM will be compatible with my mobo and processor and there will be no issues using it

Need help asap as i want to order it at the earliest

Thanks

Amit

• Corsair Employee

If your intent is to have 32GB of system ram it is recommended to purchase a kit at the capacity, speeds, and timings you wish to have that is listed on your motherboard's memory QVL in order to guarantee compatibilitiy.

Mixing two of those sticks for 32GB will most likely work at default settings but there is no guarantee they will work with XMP enabled, and you are still hindering your system with a dual channel setup when it supports quad channel memory.

HI,

Thanks for the reply

So can you guide me through the right purchase, i mean the right RAM which i can buy as i was going to buy 2 sticks of the above mentioned product

On the corsair page when i searched the compatible RAM in accordance to my motherboard the above mentioned product was one in the list hence i asked before purchasing it as i want to be absolutely sure

Also i am not going to mix match any modules whatever i am going to buy new is what i am going to use and discard the old module

Thanks once again

• Corsair Employee
HI,

Thanks for the reply

So can you guide me through the right purchase, i mean the right RAM which i can buy as i was going to buy 2 sticks of the above mentioned product

On the corsair page when i searched the compatible RAM in accordance to my motherboard the above mentioned product was one in the list hence i asked before purchasing it as i want to be absolutely sure

Also i am not going to mix match any modules whatever i am going to buy new is what i am going to use and discard the old module

Thanks once again

It is recommended that you refer to your motherboard's memory QVL in order to purchase a compatible kit.

As for the mixing of memory kits, I was not referencing the older memory but your questions regarding mixing two single 16GB kits togther. The product you indicated are single sticks and are not guaranteed to work together for 32GB of memory. It is always recommended that you purchase a single kit that is at the capacity, speeds, and timings you wish to have that is listed as compatible with your motherboard's memory QVL.

If you need further assistance with determining a compatible kit that fits your requirements and will be compatible with your motherboard it will probably be best to contact your motherboard manufacturer.