The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2020, 04:06 AM

POST ID # = 1030151
Hawkeey Reputation: 10

The initial post states that Corsair needs more information regarding audio crackling. Is it still useful to provide details ? As I always have this issue when I play games like WoW and Overwatch.

Old 01-07-2020, 04:08 AM

POST ID # = 1030152
jpdsc Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeey View Post
The initial post states that Corsair needs more information regarding audio crackling. Is it still useful to provide details ? As I always have this issue when I play games like WoW and Overwatch.
Have you tried using the test iCUE and Dongle drivers here > https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=191706

Perhaps this fixed your issue.

Old 01-07-2020, 08:47 AM

POST ID # = 1030180
rik182 Reputation: 10
Default Virtuoso (1)(1)(1)(1)

Anyone else seeing this?

It seems after disconnecting between wireless and wired, my computer thinks my headset is a new device? I don't have four headsets!

Anyone know how to get rid of this?
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (33.6 KB, 67 views)

Old 01-07-2020, 12:26 PM

POST ID # = 1030216
SauDepp Reputation: 10

....similar here....got two virtual ones :/

Old 01-07-2020, 06:30 PM

POST ID # = 1030289
jdyarrington Reputation: 10

I've been having the issue with static while in wireless mode for ages now. I forced a driver/firmware update for the Corsair Virtuoso and dongle today even though there wasn't an update. That seemed to fix it for me.

Edit: This seemed to only be a temporary fix. After rebooting my machine the issue has returned.

Last edited by jdyarrington; 01-11-2020 at 10:19 AM.

Old 01-08-2020, 03:34 PM

POST ID # = 1030470
Hawkeey Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdsc View Post
Have you tried using the test iCUE and Dongle drivers here > https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=191706

Perhaps this fixed your issue.
Unfortunately it did not

Old 01-09-2020, 03:06 PM
Kagnara's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1030678
Kagnara Reputation: 10
Post Sidetone Issue

Almost everything is working perfectly on my new virtuoso, however there is one annoying sidetone issue I cant figure out: in wired mode the sidetone functions normally but when switched to wireless mode the sidetone simply does not work anymore at all, I've tried reinstalling everything and the software/firmware are running the latest versions. Any ideas?

Old 01-10-2020, 07:05 AM

POST ID # = 1030785
jpdsc Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagnara View Post
Almost everything is working perfectly on my new virtuoso, however there is one annoying sidetone issue I cant figure out: in wired mode the sidetone functions normally but when switched to wireless mode the sidetone simply does not work anymore at all, I've tried reinstalling everything and the software/firmware are running the latest versions. Any ideas?
Think it would be best to contact Corsair Support for this one.

Old 01-10-2020, 03:04 PM
Aurum_Arc
Aurum_arc's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1030848
Aurum_arc Reputation: 10
Default Low volume with two headsets active nearby.

I've had a mostly positive experience with the SE, the one issue I now have is after my roommate bought the same headset (not the SE), we started to have volume issues with the wireless mode. When I am in wireless mode, even when all my volumes are at full I have what feels like a 30% decrease in volume. When I plug in and switch to wired mode the volume kicks back up to full and the volume on my roommates wireless mode will spike up in volume. It's almost as if there is some kind of interference between our usb receivers, but we both had the VOID before this and had no issue in the same house.

Also to add to the crackly sounds some people mentioned I noticed with mine it would only sometimes happen with really low and loud bass sounds. Specifically in Rainbow six siege when the defenders and attackers switch sides it plays a little animation and a low bass tone that crackles the longer it is played.

Old 01-10-2020, 07:41 PM

POST ID # = 1030875
Xploder Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik182 View Post
Anyone else seeing this?

It seems after disconnecting between wireless and wired, my computer thinks my headset is a new device? I don't have four headsets!

Anyone know how to get rid of this?
Try this
https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/ar...y-Engine-iCUE-

Removing iCUE in registry will get rid of the (1) (1) !!

Old 01-11-2020, 10:18 AM

POST ID # = 1030946
jdyarrington Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Nick View Post
Guys, first off thank you for the feedback you are providing. Not sure if all of you have seen that there was an update to both iCUE (3.21.88) and firmware for Virtuoso. If you haven't already performed the updates, please do so as it will improve some of the topics you guys brought up. We are working on more updates to address additional items that were brought up, but we want to ensure proper testing is performed in our validations process.

For those of you experiencing crackling during games, can you respond back with the following information:

1.) What system are you using (motherboards and USB port)
2.) What game are you using? Did you enable SW sound settings like Atmos in Overwatch, for example?
3.) SW version
4.) FW version
5.) System volume level
6.) EQ settings in iCUE
7.) Particular content that was played

Some of you already have system specs listed, but I would like you to provide it in your post just in case you have changed anything. I'll relay the information to our validations and software teams as you guys provide it.
It isn't just during games, it's when using any application that produces sound.

1.) X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI
2.) I'm just watching Youtube videos/music when this happens.
3.) 3.23.66
4.) v.0.17.149
5.) 100% because for some reason the volume level in wireless mode is like a quarter of the level when in wired mode.
6.) Defualt.
7.) Watching Linus WAN Show

This has got to be the most frustrating headset I've ever had to use :)

Old 01-11-2020, 11:29 PM
Seran's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1031029
Seran Reputation: 10
Default Frustratingly Low Bass Volume

i just got my pair of Virtuosos yesterday, when i listen to music all the other frequency are really high in volume and crisp. When the bass starts coming in it seems like the headset's volume just somehow drop and there's no meat to the bass. Is the software somehow holding it back?. Even in wired mode, bass sounds really low. Bass Boost EQ doesnt help.

From what I hear, when the bass starts coming in, it's like the headset is lacking "voltage" and just can't produce the proper volume for the bass.

I was listening to this music, if this helps (listen @ 9 minute mark):
Really evident once you start pumping up the volume
It's similar to having my Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless with the Volume Limiter on.

Last edited by Seran; 01-11-2020 at 11:51 PM.

Old 01-13-2020, 09:05 AM
RGB Lunatic
Alcasczar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1031173
Alcasczar Reputation: 10

What's the latest firmware revision for the Virtuoso and Dongle?

I haven't been able to update it for awhile cause it says I'm running the most recent
0.17.149 and 0.15.76 respectively is what ICUE says.

Old 01-15-2020, 07:55 AM
Seran's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1031429
Seran Reputation: 10
Default Quick Solution for Discord not detecting Microphone

So there's this moment when you switch around wireless or wired mode, Microphone works but Discord won't detect it. The quick fix to it in my case is to disable and re-enable microphone.

Steps I do if discord doesn't detect Microphone. (Windows 10)
1.) Right Click Speaker Icon @ taskbar and Select Sound Settings.
2.) Click Device Properties, (the one located below "Choose your Input Device".)
3.) Check the Disable box and Uncheck it back.
4.) Discord will detect your microphone in about 2 seconds.

If Corsair can make a script where they can disable/re-enable the microphone from the Windows Sound Settings when switching wired/wireless mode. Then that should be a quick fix for the microphone issue.

I've only tried this at Discord, so I don't know if this works for TeamSpeak or other Communication Platforms.

Old 01-15-2020, 05:20 PM
sverre_b's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1031486
sverre_b Reputation: 10

- Would like to see one profile for "wired" and one for "wireless mode". I would like this to switch automaticly when connecting with the USB-C cabel.
It could by default be the same settings, but if you want to change anything in "wired mode", it should stay for the "wired mode's" settings. And the other way around.
I want RGB shut down right away when charging but i want it on when using it on wireless mode.

- The only thing other than that i also want to be able to tell battery life by procent.

Have great day and thanks for your support.