Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-15-2017, 01:01 AM
JadSeelen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 903229
JadSeelen Reputation: 10
Default Corsair Link - RMA due to question

I'm wondering if it is possible to RMA my H110 GTX due to Corsair Link not working properly with windows 10.

Since last Corsair Link update and Windows 10 Creators update Corsair Link fails everytime at startup.

Would this be a acceptable reason to RMA my H110 GTX?

Old 05-15-2017, 11:12 AM
extremeredline's PC Specs

POST ID # = 903255
extremeredline Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadSeelen View Post
I'm wondering if it is possible to RMA my H110 GTX due to Corsair Link not working properly with windows 10.

Since last Corsair Link update and Windows 10 Creators update Corsair Link fails everytime at startup.

Would this be a acceptable reason to RMA my H110 GTX?
What does softwear have to do with hardwear? RMA for hardwear only . Try SIV or wait for next release of CL.

Old 05-15-2017, 03:59 PM

POST ID # = 903284
grandmst20 Reputation: 18

What version of Corsair Link are you running? I'm using Windows 10 with the Creator's Update and Corsair Link 4.6.0.86 with no issues.

Old 05-15-2017, 09:30 PM
JadSeelen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 903327

Corsair Link 4.6.0.86

Old 05-16-2017, 04:51 AM
JadSeelen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 903353

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeredline View Post
What does softwear have to do with hardwear? RMA for hardwear only . Try SIV or wait for next release of CL.
Learn how to spell software and hardware.

When the software controls the functions of the hardware it is hardware related.

RMA stands for Return Merchandise Authorization and in no way does it refer to hardware only. It refers to returning a product that does not function as advertised within the warranty period for any reason including substandard software which is required for it to function as advertised.

Here in Australia a company can not exclude you returning a product that does not function as advertised even if the mantufacturer says you can't.

Old 05-16-2017, 02:13 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair CJ's PC Specs

POST ID # = 903416
Corsair CJ Reputation: 42

Major OS updates tend to cause issues across the board. Remove CL4 completely and reinstall (4.7 will be dropping soon, so you can try installing that as well once it's available publicly).

Old 05-16-2017, 05:25 PM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 903470
Technobeard Reputation: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadSeelen View Post
RMA stands for Return Merchandise Authorization and in no way does it refer to hardware only. It refers to returning a product that does not function as advertised within the warranty period for any reason including substandard software which is required for it to function as advertised.
Under an RMA we can only replace the hardware. If you have a software issue I'd suggest contacting our support team for further assistance - http://support.corsair.com.

Quote:
Here in Australia a company can not exclude you returning a product that does not function as advertised even if the mantufacturer says you can't.
It sounds like you're referring to a refund? If so, please contact the store who sold it to you and they can assist you under their policies and procedures. If the hardware needs replacing, they should also be able to help you with this locally - instead of sending it to our closest Corsair RMA depot which is in Taiwan.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:35 AM
snapper69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 903742
snapper69 Reputation: 32

I had problems after the Creators Upgrade, Link wouldn't detect my H110i GT, so I uninstalled Link and then reinstalled it and it worked.

I'm not sure that you could say that the cooler isn't fit for purpose because Link doesn't work properly, I ran my cooler quite comfortably for some time without Link, controlling it with Asus Fan Xpert. You can also use SIV to control it.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:18 AM

POST ID # = 903861
breeece Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper69 View Post
I had problems after the Creators Upgrade, Link wouldn't detect my H110i GT, so I uninstalled Link and then reinstalled it and it worked.

I'm not sure that you could say that the cooler isn't fit for purpose because Link doesn't work properly, I ran my cooler quite comfortably for some time without Link, controlling it with Asus Fan Xpert. You can also use SIV to control it.
I'm still having problems after uninstalling the software all drivers, reinstalling... Nothing with get my system temps and pump rpm and custom curves back... nothing at all... :\