Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-16-2020, 03:36 PM
TQBF's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035204
TQBF Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBhamm View Post
"iCUE now supports Windows Spatial Sound so users can enable their own audio surround sound solutions."

<3 my suggestion was heard. So dolby atmos might be possible. have to try.
Confirmed (with iCue 3.25.60), I am now using Dolby Atmos and - big improvement.

I have thought for a while that the majority of the issues I have had with poor sound quality had stemmed from bad drivers or something in the way iCue was processing audio (I was getting crackles & pops, terrible bass, and worst for me - unusable stereo in Apex Legends).

For a while I had a workaround using Voicemeeter to equalize and pipe sound differently. But, I held out on these only because my very first experience using them was on my work PC without iCue installed (or its broken launch day drivers), and they sounded amazing then.

If I hadn't tried them at work I 100% would have returned them as defective.

But - this last update has resolved the issues I had, they sound great again. I can even use the dongle plugged into my Corsair ST100. (Which was another ridiculous problem).

The only caveat - when I'm using Dolby they no longer show up in iCue. A small price to pay for having my expensive headphones actually work at last.

If anyone else is in the same boat as I was, I highly encourage you to try them with Dolby Atmos.

Old 02-17-2020, 06:10 PM

POST ID # = 1035313
ZeroSkylineX Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQBF View Post
Confirmed (with iCue 3.25.60), I am now using Dolby Atmos and - big improvement.

I have thought for a while that the majority of the issues I have had with poor sound quality had stemmed from bad drivers or something in the way iCue was processing audio (I was getting crackles & pops, terrible bass, and worst for me - unusable stereo in Apex Legends).

For a while I had a workaround using Voicemeeter to equalize and pipe sound differently. But, I held out on these only because my very first experience using them was on my work PC without iCue installed (or its broken launch day drivers), and they sounded amazing then.

If I hadn't tried them at work I 100% would have returned them as defective.

But - this last update has resolved the issues I had, they sound great again. I can even use the dongle plugged into my Corsair ST100. (Which was another ridiculous problem).

The only caveat - when I'm using Dolby they no longer show up in iCue. A small price to pay for having my expensive headphones actually work at last.

If anyone else is in the same boat as I was, I highly encourage you to try them with Dolby Atmos.
Can confirm as well but unfortunately it's only 2 channel format under the sound settings. With iCue entirely uninstalled, it's 8 channel format. Still, this is a good improvement.

Old 02-25-2020, 03:44 PM
sverre_b's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1036041
sverre_b Reputation: 10

Hi team.
I'm back with a little feedback on my current issue.

When i start my pc, my ICUE profil won't be found and the color i've selected with the profile is not there.

I need to open the app for it to change from "unavailable" my profile "Virtuoso (1)"
It's super annoying to do this every time i start my computer. Sometimes the app itself won't open and i need to force close it from Task Manager for it to work.

Dongle Firmware V. 016.80
Firmware V. 0.17.149

Old 02-28-2020, 03:13 AM

POST ID # = 1036273
ErnestEA Reputation: 10

Any news on the Corsair Virtuoso audio out of focus issue? My headset is quieter whenever I'm in a fullscreen game.

Old 02-28-2020, 07:20 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Notepad's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1036346
Corsair Notepad Reputation: 10

Check the Windows Volume Mixer and make sure that the volume level of the individual program itself is actually turned up.

Old 03-01-2020, 09:19 AM
Kuzttom's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1036444
Kuzttom Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedricTruck30 View Post
My headset died yesterday, when i plug it in with the USB C cable it just flashes all the LEDs in the headset red and it makes a constant beeping noise.
Hi, i had exact the same issue! then i pushed the mute button for about 10 second switching wireless and usb mode and the headset came back alive.

Last edited by Kuzttom; 03-01-2020 at 09:09 PM.

Old 03-06-2020, 01:23 AM

POST ID # = 1036987
Cpt_Keys Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Nick View Post
1.) What system are you using (motherboards and USB port)
2.) What game are you using? Did you enable SW sound settings like Atmos in Overwatch, for example?
3.) SW version
4.) FW version
5.) System volume level
6.) EQ settings in iCUE
7.) Particular content that was played
Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 7 - DAC specific USB, Normal USB 3.0, USB HUB - all same results
Many different games, even Youtube, movies
I just sent these back last week for RMA, but I just updated to newest, still occurring
100%. It has always been quiet, so maybe I missed something for that too?
Flat defaults
Games, videos, Movies

Old 03-07-2020, 10:55 PM
Lillowh's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1037123
Lillowh Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Nick View Post
Guys, first off thank you for the feedback you are providing. Not sure if all of you have seen that there was an update to both iCUE (3.21.88) and firmware for Virtuoso. If you haven't already performed the updates, please do so as it will improve some of the topics you guys brought up. We are working on more updates to address additional items that were brought up, but we want to ensure proper testing is performed in our validations process.

For those of you experiencing crackling during games, can you respond back with the following information:

1.) What system are you using (motherboards and USB port)
2.) What game are you using? Did you enable SW sound settings like Atmos in Overwatch, for example?
3.) SW version
4.) FW version
5.) System volume level
6.) EQ settings in iCUE
7.) Particular content that was played

Some of you already have system specs listed, but I would like you to provide it in your post just in case you have changed anything. I'll relay the information to our validations and software teams as you guys provide it.
1. Gigabyte z390 Aorus Master 3.0 DAC-UP port/3.1 Port (Tried both)
2. Any game or even idle on the desktop just chatting in discord. Happens less frequently after switching to Atmos for Headphones
3. 3.25.60
4. Dongle: 0.16.80
Headset: 0.17.149
5. 48%
6. Flat in iCue and and in Atmos maybe 1db boost on 4kHz-16Khz and 1 db cut on 250Hz
7. Voice and game audio

Come to think of it I'm not sure it's ever started crackling when not in a Discord call but I could be wrong about that because that's usually when I'm using this headset

Old 03-08-2020, 02:12 AM

POST ID # = 1037134
alfurian Reputation: 10

Hi, i jsut bought my virtuoso se and noticed that my USB C is a bit loose when connected. Do you guys have same? i can move it with very little force

Old 03-08-2020, 06:31 AM

POST ID # = 1037147
jpdsc Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfurian View Post
Hi, i jsut bought my virtuoso se and noticed that my USB C is a bit loose when connected. Do you guys have same? i can move it with very little force
Mine wobbles also a bit to the left and right. Think this is normal as long as it doesn't disconnect easy.

Old 03-08-2020, 09:56 AM

POST ID # = 1037160
ajxphilbert Reputation: 10

Just got the virtuoso yesterday. Apart from the flashing red dongle. Everything worked perfectly. Until it went from a full charge to critical in 4hours...

Old 03-08-2020, 10:31 AM

POST ID # = 1037162
Tracyfox Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajxphilbert View Post
Just got the virtuoso yesterday. Apart from the flashing red dongle. Everything worked perfectly. Until it went from a full charge to critical in 4hours...
EXACTLY Same problem i have. My second unit did the same also.

Last edited by Tracyfox; 03-08-2020 at 10:34 AM.

Old 03-08-2020, 04:30 PM

POST ID # = 1037205
ajxphilbert Reputation: 10

Have been charging the headset for 6.5hours now. Its still pulsing green. How is it possible its not at full charge after so long? Very very disappointed in this corsair headset.

Old 03-10-2020, 08:51 AM
Aolzarin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1037386
Aolzarin Reputation: 10

Hi guys, I bought corsair virtuoso se headphones a week ago. Everything is very beautiful. When I make a wireless connection, the light of the usb receiver is flashing red. It turns off after a few minutes and no color is lit.Not just colorless black. But there is sound coming from the headphones( No problem on headset voice or music) . Only rarely is there a momentary rupture. The receiver is right next to me. It is said that when the booklet is linked, it should illuminate white. I don't have any color.. Sorry my bad english.Pls help me.

My dongle firmware: V.0..16.80
Firmware : V.17.149

Edit: When i delete on control panel icue program. Led will okey stabil white. But i install icue prog. led will blink red. what can i do ? But the headset works everything is okey good.

Last edited by Aolzarin; 03-10-2020 at 09:17 AM.

Old 03-10-2020, 09:37 AM

POST ID # = 1037391
SauDepp Reputation: 10

....thats the standard behaviour since the last iCue update.... at least for me and many others....