Corsair Community

[Bug report] iCue does not work while USB Floppy drive plugged in. (Seriously.)

jrronimo

Hi Corsair,

I have a user with a really obscure issue, and it's okay if everyone laughs: We've found a bug with iCue. It doesn't work while a USB floppy drive is plugged in.

This is the drive that I have, so I'm not sure if other drives cause this:

https://www.amazon.com/External-Floppy-Portable-Windows-Required/dp/B00RXEWOAA

The mouse we're trying to control is a Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse.

- Latest version of iCue (3.24.52)

- Windows 10 Enterprise v.1909

- Clean install

While the floppy drive is plugged in, iCue won't open. You can hear the drive "tick" once like it's trying to read. As soon as you disconnect the floppy drive, iCue opens right up.

This affects iCue going back a couple versions at least -- we tried 3.14.104 just trying to sort out this issue.

This mouse is being used in a scientific instrument manufacturing shop at a world-class physics research institute. My users build all sorts of cool stuff for scientists in Solidworks and other CAD programs. Many of the multi-axis milling machines that we have still have floppy drives on them that we NEED to use daily to get data on and off them. Replacing the floppy drives in the milling machines isn't really a viable option at the moment, and the machines work just fine.

We probably don't need to use iCue more than a couple times to adjust his mouse settings, but it is a bug that affects end users, so I thought someone (hopefully an engineer!) would like to hear.

Regards!

I'm glad that you're OK with us laughing. I have to say ... I did, just reading the title.

So ... try something ... remove the floppy drive. Start iCUE. Then go to Settings ... Dashboard ... and uncheck "Enable Hard Drive Widget". The try to see if you can reproduce the issue with the floppy drive.

Haha, it's not an issue one generally expects to run into in the year Two-Thousand and Twenty, haha.

That user is gone for the day, and I'll be out of town until Wednesday, but I'll report whether that checkbox helps or not on Thursday. :)

Thanks for the tip! I hope it works.