Corsair Community

Complicated iCue integration, it's become a mess (aid request)

Poppinfresh

Moved a build from an Enthoo 719 w/ 2 Commander Pro's and 10 fans to an Obsidian 1000D with 19 (potentially 20, still debating whether I want to put one in the rear).

Rads in front in push/pull configuration.

Front (pull or front-rear): 8x QL 120 - let's call them fans 1-8 starting top left and going down, with 5 being top right

Front (push or front-front): 8x ML Pro 120 - let's call them 9-16 with the same format

Top: 3x QL 120 - I'm not sure these even matter for this discussion

The hardware:

3 Commander Pros with 5 boxes labeled RGB hub attached between them. 3 of these hubs use 3-pin connectors and connect into LED ports of Commander Pros. 2 of these hubs have USB headers (I'm not sure why the difference) and plug into USB ports of the slave Commanders. 4 of the hubs control 4 each of the front fans (separated by model and whether they're left/right in the stack), the 5th controls the 3 top fans

2 of the Commander Pros are plugged into the USB header ports of the primary Commander Pro

Problems and changes:

Initially, front left fan 4 wasn't lit up, and fan 3 had one quadrant (bottom) that wasn't lighting. Fan 5 was fine. Front right fans 6-8 weren't lit up at all. Front-front fans 9-16 were all in sync with each other.

I tinkered with the wiring, and got fan 4 lit up.

With fans 5-8, whatever fan I plug into RGB hub port 1 works, and whatever fan I plug into port 2 lights up 3 of the 4 ring quadrants, but never the whole thing. Anything I plug into port 3 and 4 of that hub will not light at all.

Then I installed iCue to see if maybe I could fix this problem in software.

Icue correctly identified my keyboard, my motherboard, *TWO* of the commander pros (but not 3 - it calls them Pro and Pro (1) ), and something called Lighting Node Core (2). It looks as though this is referencing one of the hubs for some strange reason. It also recognizes my Obsidian 1000D - which is weird, because that's just plugged into the LED port of one of my Commander Pros.

After installing iCue, fans 9-12 stopped lighting up entirely. I have no ability to stop the top 3 fans from doing a weird rainbow loop pattern that I don't want. And, as mentioned, whatever fans I plug into RGB hub pull-right ports 3 and 4 won't light up at all, but will light up if I put those fans in hub positions 1 and 2.

This is driving me nuts. Some guidance? It looks like my core problems are one of my COmmanders isn't being recognized and I might be missing how to force that, and potentially one of my hubs is bad? And I don't even know what's going on with that Lighting Node Core (2) item.

I looked at Zotty's diagrams, and I'm not seeing anything obvious I've failed to do.

Edited by Poppinfresh

• Corsair Employee

Hello, I want to make sure that I'm understanding this correctly before we try a few things. So there is a hub that comes with your QL120's called a Lighting Node Core. Flip through the images: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Fans/RGB-%26-LED-Fans/iCUE-QL-RGB-PWM-Fan/p/CO-9050098-WW

Are you sure that you do not have one of these installed? Also, your front push fans, are they ML120 Pro's non RGB?