Corsair Community

Corsair RGB Connection Question

lukemurtagh

Hello all,

I just have a quick question about my upcoming build. I want to use four ML140MM RGB and three ML120MM RGB fans around my case and I want to make sure I fully understand how everything needs to be connected in order for me to control lighting through iCUE.

If I understand everything correctly I should plug the fan PWM cables into the PWM headers on the Corsair Commander Pro (using one splitter cable to connect 7 fans to 6 PWM hubs) and plug the RGB cables from the fans into two Corsair RGB LED hubs which themselves connect to the two RGB LED headers on the Commander Pro. I believe I can also plug my H150i USB connector and the USB connector from my HX100i into the two USB ports on the Commander Pro.

Both the RGB hubs and the Commander Pro need to be plugged into SATA ports from my Corsair power supply, and the Commander Pro's USB cable can be plugged into an internal USB header.

Is this the correct way to connect everything? Will I be able to control the lighting from all of my fans by connecting everything this way? Would I also be able to control my fan speed?

Thanks!

1) You likely want the H150i fans connected to its fan spillter vs the Commander. If those 3 fans are part of the 7, then you are now down to 4 on the C-Pro. These also will be controllable through the software in iCUE. The difference is when iCUE is not running, they will still do exactly what you tell them. When connected to the Commander, they will revert to 100% if they lose the coolant temp data, like when you quit, restart, on boot up, etc. There is a work around if necessary, but no reason to waste 3 C-Pro headers unless there isn't a specific reason.

2) Yes, 2 USB 2.0 passthrough ports on the Commander. Both the H150i and PSU can connect there.

3) ML RGB fans - I am assuming the 4x140 ML are RGB. Be aware, the three ML120 on the H150i are not. They are standard ML120 "Quiet gray" fans. These of course can be replaced by any PWM fan, including other ML-RGB.