Corsair Community

iCue Video Lighting kills FPS in some games?

tamag901

I've just finished installing the LS100 starter kit on my Asus monitor. Bit fiddly to get everything mounted but I'm quite happy with how it turned out.

Anyways, I jumped into Horizon: Zero Dawn with the video lighting effect turned on (which is the reason I bought the LS100 in the first place). I usually get between 80-100FPS in that game at 1440p, with everything set to Ultra on my RTX 3070. However, when playing with video lighting enabled, my FPS hovers around 60-70 instead. I know, still technically playable, but my monitor is 165Hz so the drop is very noticeable.

If I alt tab out and switch to a different lighting mode (e.g static), my FPS goes back to normal.

I've tried out a couple of other games, such as The Outer Worlds and NieR: Automata, but they don't seem to be having the same obvious performance issues as Horizon.

I don't seem to be having the same CPU usage issues that others are experiencing - iCue sits around 1-2% of use on my i7-10700K. G-Sync appears to be working normally too.

This is quite disappointing as video lighting really is a nice effect to have and is the main reason I got the LS100. Hoping someone knows a way to work around this?

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, been benchmarking with my 3090 ROG Strix, and it's well over 20k with ambient lighting off, and 17840 with it on! So it's a pretty big drain...

Interestingly, my monitor is an LG monitor which has ambient lighting via LG Ultra gear, and doesn't have the same issue.

Are Corsair aware of this!?