Corsair Community

Demo Mode wont turn off

Jon_Rambo

Really getting annoyed with this now, used the gradient to turn the lights off and now thats not working anymore. Everything attached to the node pro just goes spiral rainbow. This is ridiculous. Needs sorting asap! Anyone know of an actual fix for this that works? TIA

if you turn the brughtness down it still reverts to rainbow. ive now got over £300 of your products unplugged because you cant fix it.

First ... you do realize that neither Zotty nor myself work for Corsair, right? So they aren't "our" products. We take our personal time to help folks out here.

Second ... can you show what your lighting configuration looks like? Do you have multiple layers? Something else going on? This particular trick has been working for me for a while - additionally, nothing has changed in the software so there's no reason for it to "stop working" unless something else changed.

because you cant fix it.

to add to whats already been said. just your average joe thats trying to help in one way or another ;).

Ultimately iCue has never been any thing more than an Early access Beta release. and as such will contain bug/glitches that are being worked on.

At least we now know it also defaults the brightness levels aswell ;).

if you cant cope in the Beta release then maybe you could go back to the official LINK/Cue combo for now until a more stable iCue is released?

First ... you do realize that neither Zotty nor myself work for Corsair, right? So they aren't "our" products. We take our personal time to help folks out here.

Second ... can you show what your lighting configuration looks like? Do you have multiple layers? Something else going on? This particular trick has been working for me for a while - additionally, nothing has changed in the software so there's no reason for it to "stop working" unless something else changed.

to add to whats already been said. just your average joe thats trying to help in one way or another ;).

Ultimately iCue has never been any thing more than an Early access Beta release. and as such will contain bug/glitches that are being worked on.

At least we now know it also defaults the brightness levels aswell ;).

if you cant cope in the Beta release then maybe you could back to the official LINK/Cue combo for now until a more stable iCue is released?

IDK if I'm having the same problem or if it's just similar but when I've uses a "cycling" effect like Spiral Rainbow or Rainbow Wave, etc for a while the colors stick to where I can no longer switch back to a static profile. The problem is easy enough to fix by simply unplugging the keyboard for a few seconds. Is this a problem with iCUE or is it a hardware issue? Because I wouldn't think that a software glitch could be resolved with a hardware reset. My knowledge is limited tho.

IDK if I'm having the same problem or if it's just similar but when I've uses a "cycling" effect like Spiral Rainbow or Rainbow Wave, etc for a while the colors stick to where I can no longer switch back to a static profile. The problem is easy enough to fix by simply unplugging the keyboard for a few seconds. is this a problem with iCUE or is it a hardware issue? cause I wouldn't think that a software glitch could be resolved with a hardware reset. My knowledge is limited tho.

Could be a software glitch ... resetting the hardware also resets the software connection.

Is this issue unique to the Rainbow effects?

And what devices, specifically, does it affect?

I haven't had any issues with my K70, only the HD-120 and Lighting strips attached to the LNP vomit rainbows. My k70 stays the same.

To the Original poster, the previous version didn't have this issue and someone posted a link to it in this forum. This is early beta meaning we are the guinea pigs, though already it is light years ahead of any other software I see. After using CUE I had high expectations for my Motherboard's RGB software, I was let down by a lot more bugs and less functionality. I wanted my Motherboards RGB to dynamically match my color scheme based off the game I play, so I wrote a script to change the color of my motherboard, so it color matches the profiles I have set in iCue for different games.

Could be a software glitch ... resetting the hardware also resets the software connection.

Is this issue unique to the Rainbow effects?

And what devices, specifically, does it affect?

It happens after any color cycling profile runs for a while on my keyboard. I can switch between a cycling profile and a static profile without issue if I switch right away, but if I leave it to run for, say, a half an hour then switch to a static profile it will freeze the cycling, leaving me with a static rainbow instead of the the config of the static profile. Hope that makes sense.

~edit: Oh yeah, I'm using a K95 Platinum with iCue version 3.2.87

Archived