Old 06-02-2019, 04:12 AM
Streamer Extraordinaire
My_Gaming_TV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006586
My_Gaming_TV Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Mike View Post
Hi My_Gamming_TV,

So without iCue Running there is no way to update the firmware. There are a few troubleshooting steps you can do.

I would try and uninstall iCue using control panel then reinstall the latest version from the iCue page. corsair.com/icue

If you have another USB header on the motherboard you can try moving headers. This should make it see it as a new device.

If at that point you see the cooler in iCue I would close anything else running on your computer before performing a force update in settings. Here is a video to show how to force update if needed. https://youtu.be/TC3VWV_sMfE?t=32

If none of these work I would contact support.
I've already tried all that on the last 3 pumps that got bricked, once the firmware update fails there is no recovering or even seeing the pump again even if you switch to another USB header and trust me with 12 USB headers inside my computer I have tried all 12. Also I see that no one has confirmed what the current firmware version is for this AIO, this is the 3rd time I have asked

Last edited by My_Gaming_TV; 06-02-2019 at 04:15 AM.

Old 06-02-2019, 04:30 AM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1006588
Corsair Mike Reputation: 10

Sorry the latest version of the FW is 1.01.15. Are you using internal USB hubs btw?

Old 06-02-2019, 08:47 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006608
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_Gaming_TV View Post
I just asked if anyone could say for sure what the current correct firmware version the AIO is using and if there was another way to load the firmware outside of using iCue, I didn't ask for you to fix anything.
The current version is 1.01.15.
I've, personally, updated 3 of them in iCUE without bricking a single one. Many others have as well. Keep in mind that you only see complaints and issues on the forum - this issue doesn't happen to everyone but no one comes up to post "Hey! My firmware update worked!" It does, however, appear to be unusually common, however.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 06-02-2019, 03:24 PM
Streamer Extraordinaire
My_Gaming_TV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006633

Quote:
Sorry the latest version of the FW is 1.01.15. Are you using internal USB hubs btw?
Yes I am using only the internal USB hubs, on the last one I tried using an actual USB port using a regular USB cable to see if maybe I can try to get iCue to see it again. And since I have been repairing PC's and building custom PC's for almost 25 years I have also tried a number of other ways to figure out the cause of the problem and eliminate any possible sources that would cause the update to fail. And if 1.01.15 is the current firmware version then it seems that I am in need of a firmware update but I am just afraid to update it and have another bricked pump. Fry's won't let me exchange a 4th pump and I don't have time to wait for an RMA, time is money and with my PC down I'm losing money. Also I have talked to Corsair customer Support and they made a few suggestions along the way like trying to update the firmware in safe mode and disabling my antivirus among other things. All with the same result. Mind you I have tried doing a forced firmware update on my keyboard and mouse and even my Void headset and none of them had any issues afterword. So I'm lost as to why those will work and the AIO won't.... Also it seems the firmware update in iCue is incorrect for this pump and that may be the issue

As for you DevBiker all I can say is I'm happy for you, glad you have had better luck than I have but as you can see I am not the only person that has had this issue and I probably won't be the last so maybe instead of bragging about how you have yet to have this issue maybe try being helpful in trying to figure out the cause and/or a way to make it work right?

Last edited by My_Gaming_TV; 06-02-2019 at 03:46 PM.

Old 06-02-2019, 10:02 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1006656
Corsair Mike Reputation: 10

So I would try unplugging the USB hubs and just have the cooler connected to the USB port on the board and try the FW update. When you have a ton of USB devices on one controller that can cause all sorts of problems and instability.

The order I would try it in would be to:
Unplug all of the usb hubs
Plug in the cooler to the board
Turn on your pc and give it enough time to sort the USB devices
Reboot
Close all apps except iCue
Make sure iCue is up to date
Then perform the firmware update

Old 06-02-2019, 11:11 PM
rootje's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006659
rootje Reputation: 10

@My_Gaming_T,

You are not alone... I just updated to the latest ICUE also got a message that there was a firmware update for AIO (same one as yours). Same result as you: It wont be recognized anymore by ICUE. It blows at max RPM now so alot of noise, WC block RGB stopped working also leaving it with a light blue color (Corsair logo).

Mine is connected through an internal USB header on the board (Asrock X470 taichi Ultimate). Switching USB headers doenst help, cooler wont be recognized in ICUE anymore .

I just made a ticket to Corsair support.

Old 06-03-2019, 01:55 AM
Streamer Extraordinaire
My_Gaming_TV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006668

Quote:
So I would try unplugging the USB hubs and just have the cooler connected to the USB port on the board and try the FW update. When you have a ton of USB devices on one controller that can cause all sorts of problems and instability.

The order I would try it in would be to:
Unplug all of the usb hubs
Plug in the cooler to the board
Turn on your pc and give it enough time to sort the USB devices
Reboot
Close all apps except iCue
Make sure iCue is up to date
Then perform the firmware update
Already been done same result, even been done when Corsair iCue was the only installed program outside of the ones needed to keep my system running and the only thing plugged into USB other than my keyboard and mouse which are needed. This was already suggested by Corsair Support when I contacted them

Old 06-03-2019, 06:52 AM
morganthomas757's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006699
morganthomas757 Reputation: 10

I had this problem last week. Ended up having to RMA my cooler and should be receiving a new one this week, I understand your frustration! I tried to update the cooler and midway through the firmware update the USB disconnect sound happened and boom, the cooler was never to be seen again in iCue.

Old 06-03-2019, 12:40 PM
Banned
Waukeen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006737
Waukeen Reputation: 16
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_Gaming_TV View Post
As for you DevBiker all I can say is I'm happy for you, glad you have had better luck than I have but as you can see I am not the only person that has had this issue and I probably won't be the last so maybe instead of bragging about how you have yet to have this issue maybe try being helpful in trying to figure out the cause and/or a way to make it work right?
HAH *high fives MGT*

Now, as for the firmware issue. Had a few things change on my system recently and it has the same cooler as you (H115i) and that arrived with the 1.01.15 firmware on it. The...previous system was Gigabyte X470 AORUS 5, now on Z390 and everything is working as it should. Well, more or less. But no disconnects, no cooler deciding to say 'ef' it' and stop working.

What I did notice on the other hand was upon arrival this H115i had the 1.01.15 FW and ICue was prompting me to update the firmware on the AIO to.......1.01.15. I ignored it and haven't had it come back.

Due to the recent issues with the coolers and ICue (or everything depending on who you ask) I would say either get the replacement and hold off on the FW update for the time being until things get straightened out or switch to ANYTHING else (except NZXT...screw NZXT...damn personal data thieves).

Also sent you a PM.

Cheers and again, HAHAH *H5*

One more thing, what Windows version are you on? 1809 or 1903?

Last edited by Waukeen; 06-03-2019 at 12:47 PM.

Old 06-03-2019, 02:38 PM
Gronar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006754
Gronar Reputation: 10

"Hey! My firmware update worked!"

Old 06-05-2019, 05:33 AM
morganthomas757's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006980
morganthomas757 Reputation: 10

I decided to risk it and update the firmware ok my newly replaced H100i RGB Platinum and it worked fine this time, thank goodness!

Old 07-01-2019, 08:28 AM

POST ID # = 1009901
petasis Reputation: 10

My H115i Platinum was updated to 1.1.33, without a problem. It just took a while, and everything seems to work after the update.

Old 07-22-2019, 09:36 PM
Zangetsu38's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1012149
Zangetsu38 Reputation: 10

for me i have issue, is just impossible install fw on my H115i platinium
i get ertror no can check update available, but is show just before notification for said have update

after i pres update i get just this

Last edited by Zangetsu38; 07-22-2019 at 09:38 PM.

Old 07-26-2019, 05:34 PM

POST ID # = 1012663
ajmi982 Reputation: 10

i too have a H115i Platinum that refuses to show in iCUE. I have tried iCUE from 3.15.101 up to 3.18.77

H115i Platinum shows GREEN in USBDeview.

I have done complete uninstall of iCUE and CCleaner and appdata folder removal.

Nothing i have done gets the H115i Platinum to show. I believe its a bricked unit due to firmware issue.

Can i manually update the firmware with a batch command or command prompt?

Old 08-13-2019, 03:32 PM

POST ID # = 1014570
gewi Reputation: 10

How I have restored a bricked H115i Platinum:

I have bought already unpacked Corsair H115i Platinum.
I have a lot of luck - I have tried it for the first run without installation on CPU.
I was very surprised, that the pump is not detected in the latest version of Corsair iCUE (3.18.77)
The pump was stable light blue (later ackowledged that it was Firmware v.1.01.15). Also USB driver was every 30s restarted in device manager - H115i Platinum.
I have found on the forums and internet, that corrupted firmware update can be acknowledged regarding to the light blue stable color of pump.
I have contacted the seller if he can replace my corrupted pump.. he send me a new one, which was completely functional.
After connecting a new working pump(it was detected in iCUE) and set up all settings - tried that RPMs are changing, colors etc.. i send my pc to hibernation.
During hibernation i have changed the pump with the old one (with corrupted firmware).
After turn the pc back on - from the hibernation i was surpised, that the pump was detected - but still the pump color was light blue
and RPMs cant be read or set.. but i have click on the firmware update -> and force firmware update to the same version v.1.01.15.
After few seconds - firmware reflash finished - pump restarts automatically and now is fully responding and detected..

Maybe Corsair should allow to reflash firmware wihout iCUE...