Corsair Community

CUE 2.15.83 Audio Issues with Steam

Corsair Nick

• Corsair Employee

Some users have reported experiencing audio issues when using the Steam Chat Service after installing CUE v2.15.83. This issue appears to only affect Void Wireless, Void USB, and Void Surround Hybrid. Other voice chat services appear to work fine without any reported issues. We are aware of this issue, and currently working on resolving the it with a later update to CUE. As soon as we confirm the fix and a date, we will update this thread with more information.

Feel free to PM me if you are experiencing this issue, and once a fix has been confirmed, I can provide the revised version for you to test.

In the meantime, some users reported success in rolling back to the previous version listed in the following link:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=138472

Some users have reported experiencing audio issues when using the Steam Chat Service after installing CUE v2.15.83. This issue appears to only affect Void Wireless, Void USB, and Void Surround Hybrid. Other voice chat services appear to work fine without any reported issues. We are aware of this issue, and currently working on resolving the it with a later update to CUE. As soon as we confirm the fix and a date, we will update this thread with more information.

Feel free to PM me if you are experiencing this issue, and once a fix has been confirmed, I can provide the revised version for you to test.

In the meantime, some users reported success in disabling the Sound Enhancements in the Windows Playback Devices. You can perform this with the following:

1. Right click on the speaker on your task bar

2. Select Playback Devices

3. Select the void device, the properties below

4. Select the Enhancements tab

5. Check the Disable All Enhancements box

there is no enhancements tab in corsair void headsets :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all, I tried downgrading CUE many times with 3 of the previous updates, and every time I uninstall 2.15.83 and install the previous version, the headset doesn't work at all. I'd appreciate any help regarding how to properly complete the downgrade to see what I am doing wrong here. Thanks.

Hi all, I tried downgrading CUE many times with 3 of the previous updates, and every time I uninstall 2.15.83 and install the previous version, the headset doesn't work at all. I'd appreciate any help regarding how to properly complete the downgrade to see what I am doing wrong here. Thanks.

I'm on the same situation, i have my Void Wireless. CUE recognizes them but it wont connect at all. the USB Dongle just keeps flickering forever. Also tried uninstalling CUE and installing older versions but it still doesn't work.

• Corsair Employee
Facing the same issue. my Void USB doesnt play any sound as well. hopefully this isnt my headset. Thanks for the update though.

Make sure you have set the headset to your default playback device by right clicking the speaker on the system tray.

I'm on the same situation, i have my Void Wireless. CUE recognizes them but it wont connect at all. the USB Dongle just keeps flickering forever. Also tried uninstalling CUE and installing older versions but it still doesn't work.

You may need to re-pair the dongle.

1) Turn on the headset.

2) Use a paperclip or something similar, and insert it into the hole below the indicator light on the dongle.

3) Press and hold the button in the dongle with the paperclip until the light begins to flicker faster.

4) The dongle will go solid when the two pair together

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Just wondering if there is still a known problem with steam with the lastest CUE software? as whenever I launch steam my headset (corsair void wireless 7.1) cuts its volume level and then when I close steam it increases volume again.

Is there a problem still or am I missing something?

actually fixed this under sounds and then selecting the option do nothing under communications. But now i have a new problem where all sound cuts out in game and once it cuts out my entire system wont play sound until I come out of the game.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived