Corsair Community

K95 RGB Platinum Orders

Goat1

I don't like paying more for less... I actually use the macro keys... so no corsair can keep it, and try again. In fact I feel a bit insulted by the product being released as a K95 series positioned above the previous release...

I want to but corsair seems to be going farther and farther in the wrong direction. Each new product seems to bring fewer switch options. One model with only 2 switch types, the other with one. I want blacks or silents. If only they would go DIY modular switches.

Having recently purchased a K95 RGB, I can honestly say that Corsair flat nailed it!! For me, it's the perfect keyboard. Not all gamers are 20 something's. Some of us older folks who enjoy gaming also use our systems to deal with more pressing personal and professional responsibilities. It is in this area that the 18 G keys, and 3 modes for them, offer exceptional flexibility and improved productivity. It is these features, along with the unprecedented options for lighting control, that ultimately led to my purchase of a Corsair keyboard.

When I look at the Platinum version, I see 12 fewer G keys. no mode change or macro recording on the fly (because there are no buttons for those functions on the keyboard that I can identify), limited switch options and a price bump of $40-$60. While the Platinum edition does add hardware profiling, a nice feature, I would view that more as a value added perk, rather than a reason to elevate the price point. And I'm hard pressed to see where a majority of users are actually lugging their keyboards around from place to place, on a routine basis. Certainly, it's not something that I will ever be doing.

I wanted a new, top of the line keyboard that could do everything I wanted it to do, from gaming to professional applications like CAD and video editing. The K95 RGB is just that.

For my money, the Platinum is a downgrade from what was already the best keyboard on the market.

Respectfully Submitted.

• Corsair Employee
Peripherals in general is a subjective topic. While we do our best to build a product to meet customer needs, we may not hit every single person on the market. However, we do thank you for voicing your opinion. Hopefully we will have something that will meet everyone's expectation in the future.

Peripherals in general is a subjective topic. While we do our best to build a product to meet customer needs, we may not hit every single person on the market. However, we do thank you for voicing your opinion. Hopefully we will have something that will meet everyone's expectation in the future.

I appreciate your response and Corsair's position, Henry. As I mentioned, my K95 RGB is just perfect for me and I expect to be using it for some time to come, but I'm fairly confident there'll be something down the road to pique my interest, when I need it again.

Were it my position to direct future production, I would take the previous K95 RGB and simply (he says, tongue in cheek) add the hardware profiling feature to it, while continuing to improve and streamline CUE to ensure maximum compatibility with other Corsair peripherals. It would seem that the biggest issue facing the end user right now is just getting a Scimitar and a Kxx keyboard to work and play nice together through CUE. I have little doubt that that issue will be rectified at some point in the near future.

Your hardware is great, it's the software that needs to catch up, at this point. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Know what I mean?

Thank you again for addressing the issue with us.

Your hardware is great, it's the software that needs to catch up, at this point. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Know what I mean?

Thank you again for addressing the issue with us.

My fear is that the K95RGB with 18 macro keys and MR button will get forgotten in future releases of CUE. Corsair do you have a position on the backwards compatability of future versions of CUE with what was the most expensive keyboard you had?

I have the K95RGB with 18 macro keys and 3 modes, and the Scimitar with 12 Macro keys for the same reason as you, productivity!

• Corsair Employee
My fear is that the K95RGB with 18 macro keys and MR button will get forgotten in future releases of CUE. Corsair do you have a position on the backwards compatability of future versions of CUE with what was the most expensive keyboard you had?

We still support the first gen K70 RGB, so I don't see why we would not support K95 RGB anymore. To put your mind at ease, there are no current plans on stopping CUE support for legacy products.

I was really taken by the Platinum when I first saw it, there are really only 2 things stopping me from buying one,

1) The cost, in the UK, Amazon are currently selling it for £194, we used to complain when $ to £ prices used to be a direct conversion, now it seems that prices are higher in £s than $s.

2) CUE, I've read a couple of reviews of this keyboard and generally the worst comments are about CUE, although, to be fair, I have it installed, as I have an M65 rgb mouse and the Polaris mouse pad and it seems to work ok with them. So maybe 2) isn't such a big problem after all.

I was really taken by the Platinum when I first saw it, there are really only 2 things stopping me from buying one,

1) The cost, in the UK, Amazon are currently selling it for £194, we used to complain when $ to £ prices used to be a direct conversion, now it seems that prices are higher in £s than $s.

2) CUE, I've read a couple of reviews of this keyboard and generally the worst comments are about CUE, although, to be fair, I have it installed, as I have an M65 rgb mouse and the Polaris mouse pad and it seems to work ok with them. So maybe 2) isn't such a big problem after all.

Cheapest place I've seen it online for in the U.K. is Corsair mate £189.99 and either switch type is in stock (at the time of writing). Not much difference but it is there.

Hope this helps :D:

Best

Wulf

P.S. Don't bother, just realised shipping needs adding to this so will be far more than Amazon in the end.

Archived