The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2019, 01:30 PM
neutral's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1011904
neutral Reputation: 10

H150i Pro with 6 LL120 fans, added commander pro and 3 more LL120 fans and this started occurring almost right away.

I'm going to reach out to Corsair directly, but is there an existing global ticket that can be referenced when doing that?

Old 07-20-2019, 02:16 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1011910
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutral View Post
H150i Pro with 6 LL120 fans, added commander pro and 3 more LL120 fans and this started occurring almost right away.

I'm going to reach out to Corsair directly, but is there an existing global ticket that can be referenced when doing that?
First, that's a Pro cooler. So the issue you are facing is completely unrelated to the issue in this thread (which is specific to the Platinum cooler). And yes, it's unrelated, even if the symptoms are similar or the same. Totally different cooler (even a different OEM), totally different driver, totally different everything.

Now that that's out of the way, how about creating a new thread for your specific issue. Including it here just confuses things.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 07-20-2019, 02:39 PM
neutral's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1011917
neutral Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
First, that's a Pro cooler. So the issue you are facing is completely unrelated to the issue in this thread (which is specific to the Platinum cooler). And yes, it's unrelated, even if the symptoms are similar or the same. Totally different cooler (even a different OEM), totally different driver, totally different everything.

Now that that's out of the way, how about creating a new thread for your specific issue. Including it here just confuses things.
That's quite a condescending response for someone simply asking if there is already a global ticket they can reference to save some time.

As I did mention, I'm going to reach out to Corsair and I'm not looking for support in this thread. I'm looking for the existing ticket, so I can explain to support the symptoms are similar.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-21-2019, 04:40 AM
Kouzai's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1011953
Kouzai Reputation: 10

just an update on my own issues, swapped out the motherboard, same model asus hero xi, issues completely resolved. No voltage irregularities and USB disconnects completely gone. Went back to using the co pro with zero issues. So would like to add that if you can find your own specific root cause it can be cured and when it works it's excellent.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-29-2019, 12:08 AM
wolfius's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1012936
wolfius Reputation: 10

So, kind of just adding a "happening to me too" post, but I'll elaborate either way. This is my first AIO (h115i rgb platinum), replacing a Noctua NH-U14S which I really loved, but wanted the better looks and check how a good AIO could improve my temps since I live on a hot place and don't have air conditioning.

I installed it yesterday and everything seemed normal, left the fans and pump config on defaults (quiet and balanced respectively). Today I started playing a game while recording on OBS, and then started noticing the usb disconnect sound on my headset every now and then.

At one point I removed my headset and the fans were super super loud, like Ive never heard my PC before. I went and opened iCUE and both fans were around 2000 RPM and I my case was super super hot to the touch (granted, I never touched my case on my previous hardware config while on heavy load so I don't know how different it is now).

So I panicked, stopped playing and started toying around with a custom config for the fans. The fans then seem kind of quiet, but slowly started going fast again and then the usb disconnect sound happened, and the fans went back to quiet again, so I'm not sure if my custom config was doing something wrong.

Now I have everything on the default Quiet preset, but it was weird that even before changing all this, the fans were on Quiet and the pump on Balanced, and things got super loud while playing.

As I said, it's my first AIO, so I have no idea if any of this is to be expected or if the usb disconnect bug is at fault here. I've checked several reviews of this product and everyone speaks really well of it, even using my case (NZXT h500) which doesn't have the best airflow, so I'll keep using it and see how it behaves on different scenarios.

And hopefully the Corsair guys release an update for the bug soon :D

Old 07-29-2019, 09:16 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1012970
DevBiker Reputation: 88

They are continuing to investigate and work on the disconnect issue. That said, it's far less common now than it once was.
As for your other issues - that sounds like a classic issue of not managing internal case temperatures properly. With an air cooler, your CPU is dumping heat into the case. As motherboard-controlled fans are typically controlled by CPU temp, this works. HOwever, with liquid cooling, your CPU isn't doing this - it's your GPU that is the main heat source inside the case. And the case fans aren't reacting to that at all. The result is that heat from the GPU builds up in the case if you don't manage it properly. And if your AIO is configured as exhaust, that GPU heat goes straight through the radiator, heating up your coolant. Finally, with no A/C, your minimum possible temperature is higher - you cannot have any component cooler than the room ambient temperature. So a custom curve is definitely in order for you. Look at the Liquid Cooler FAQ for some guidance on how to set the fan curves.

And set the pump back to balanced. It does make a difference.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 07-29-2019, 12:40 PM
wolfius's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1012986
wolfius Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
They are continuing to investigate and work on the disconnect issue. That said, it's far less common now than it once was.
As for your other issues - that sounds like a classic issue of not managing internal case temperatures properly. With an air cooler, your CPU is dumping heat into the case. As motherboard-controlled fans are typically controlled by CPU temp, this works. HOwever, with liquid cooling, your CPU isn't doing this - it's your GPU that is the main heat source inside the case. And the case fans aren't reacting to that at all. The result is that heat from the GPU builds up in the case if you don't manage it properly. And if your AIO is configured as exhaust, that GPU heat goes straight through the radiator, heating up your coolant. Finally, with no A/C, your minimum possible temperature is higher - you cannot have any component cooler than the room ambient temperature. So a custom curve is definitely in order for you. Look at the Liquid Cooler FAQ for some guidance on how to set the fan curves.

And set the pump back to balanced. It does make a difference.
Thanks a bunch! I'll change it back to balanced and definitely check the Liquid Cooler FAQ.

Old 07-30-2019, 05:08 PM

POST ID # = 1013144
ajmi982 Reputation: 10

H115i platinum owner. ICUE refuses to show the device yet windows 10 and usbdeview show and label the device as h115i platinum.

I’m very first boot the RGBs lit and the AIO showed in iCUE. It had a FW update. Update failed over and over. I rebooted PC. Bye bye AIO showing in iCUE

Old 07-31-2019, 02:12 PM
andrew89898's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1013269
andrew89898 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmi982 View Post
H115i platinum owner. ICUE refuses to show the device yet windows 10 and usbdeview show and label the device as h115i platinum.

I’m very first boot the RGBs lit and the AIO showed in iCUE. It had a FW update. Update failed over and over. I rebooted PC. Bye bye AIO showing in iCUE
I have the same problem -- have had my H115i pro platinum rgb for about a week, went to update the firmware yesterday, it failed and ever since the AIO is no longer in iCUE, radiator fans at max speed (but cpu temp is okay, pump seems to be working) and I keep getting USB disconnect every 30s-1min.

Any idea?

Old 08-29-2019, 05:36 PM
Modder...
JaPeMo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016081
JaPeMo Reputation: 10

Yesterday I installed my H115i RGB Platinum and iCUE... After 1 day building my computer and a lot of hours config SO and software, after this iCUE said me that H115i have a new firmware. After some minutes os update... iCUE said me a message that have some isuee and retry after. I try again with same message.
After this, every some minutes, my computer have a disconnect USB sound, fans at max speed, green and blue light in pump... so with good temps but this problem...

Less than 1 day!!!!

I see H115i in USBDeview

I try disconnect & connect again wires, unistall and install software... All day lost trying recovery H115i...

Raijintek Ophion EVO | Asus ROG Strix X470-I Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | BG.Skilll Trident Z 16GB DDR4-3866 CL18 | KFA2 GeForce® RTX 2080 OC | M.2 Samsung 950 PRO 500GB | SSD Samsung 840 EVO 750GB | HDD WD Green 3TB | Corsair SF600 | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G502 Hero | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | Corsair ML140PRO RGB | W10 Pro
BnB | JP[0] | JP[D] | JP[µ] | JP[UMX3] | JP[SFF]

Old 08-31-2019, 09:32 AM

POST ID # = 1016282
fevgatos Reputation: 10

And I have the exact same problem. I tried to install the firmware update on my h115i platinum and it failed. Now it doesnt appear on iCUE and i hear the connect - disconnect sound every 30seconds