Corsair Community

TX650 V2 Haswell compatible?

12qw

Corsair has said all TX PSUs are compatible with Haswell. Does this include the Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650 V2?

I've built a new computer and have been pulling my hair out for the last couple of months with a problem regarding Event 55 NTFS showing up in Win 7 Event Viewer, saying the files on my SSD have become corrupt, and causing a CHKDSK to run automatically at the next restart, thus rendering my computer unable to boot into Windows.

These are the parts:

Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell

Asus Z87 EXPERT - Haswell

Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600MHz (2x4)E6 – Haswell

Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650 V2

OCZ-Vector SSD (system disk, updated with latest firmware)

I had my computer delivered at a repair shop and they concluded that none of the parts were faulty. They also found that the computer ran stable and without the files becoming corrupt when they used a different PSU. Their conclusion was that I should replace the PSU.

As a last resort when I got my computer back from the repair shop, I tried disabling C6/C7 states in BIOS, did a clean erase of the SSD, and reinstalled Win 7. It ran for 7 weeks, before the dreaded Event 55 again showed up in Event Viewer. When I ran with C6/C7 states turned on in BIOS, I was never able to run the computer longer than 5 days before the error occured.

I've also tested by installing only Win Updates and running a minimal setup with no anti-virus, etc. The same error still occured. The SSD has also been tested and ran flawlessly on my previous computer that did not have Haswell.

Everything to me points to the PSU being at fault, so I'm very eager to get some advice. Should I replace the PSU or maybe try something else?

Archived