Corsair Community

saving profiles

yonog1

so I make a static color profile and then click the memory card icon but it doesn't save the lighting profile as default and goes back to the spiral rainbow (which btw how tf can it save the rainbow **** but not type lighting smh)

• 2 weeks later...
I got this keyboard a year ago and still after all the updates i can't save any static light, and some months ago it stoped being rainbow and started being a static blue that i never used in my life, and i can't change it

When you create a new profile there should be an option to select Type: Software or Hardware Profile. Near the middle and towards the bottom, once you click away from this the option disappears. It has to be hardware then a new tab on the left appears, "Onboard Profiles'. Should have the option to save profiles to the keyboard in there.

Would be nice if Icue could 'convert' profiles. There is away to edit an export in a text editor to tell whether the profile is hardware or not. Find the details yourself and use at your own risk. Not sure if you can brick a keyboard messing with that or not.

When you create a new profile there should be an option to select Type: Software or Hardware Profile. Near the middle and towards the bottom, once you click away from this the option disappears. It has to be hardware then a new tab on the left appears, "Onboard Profiles'. Should have the option to save profiles to the keyboard in there.

Would be nice if Icue could 'convert' profiles. There is away to edit an export in a text editor to tell whether the profile is hardware or not. Find the details yourself and use at your own risk. Not sure if you can brick a keyboard messing with that or not.

I just google it, and the hardware Profile is just for some corsair periferals such as Glaive, Dark Core, and K95 platinum.The K68 RGB has no such option when creating a new profile - atleast for me -

I think that this is what you're meaning:

https://imgur.com/mfYPImu

source:

[ame]

[/ame]

and this is what appears to me:

https://imgur.com/iqVEmxm

• 2 weeks later...
I got this keyboard a year ago and still after all the updates i can't save any static light, and some months ago it stoped being rainbow and started being a static blue that i never used in my life, and i can't change it

Try pressing Fn-1. Fn and the number keys will let you cycle through a few color modes.

Fn-minus lets you cycle through some predefined static colors, but iCue doesn't seem to be able to change any of them.

The K68 page advertises the keyboard as having 8MB of internal memory. I'm able to click the "save to device" button in iCue (and even confirmed it's writing to the device by watching Wireshark) -- but I can't seem to actually overwrite any of the default hardware modes.

Lots of people are struggling with this. Is it actually not possible to change the colors?

I keep trying to repair and install my brand new k68 (2 days old). It won't hold the lighting I chose at all. I don't even see any option to save anything or create a profile. What do I do for both?

*Found where to create the profile. Maybe the backlighting will stay.

Edited by KinFireRain