Corsair Community

New Setup new Problems

Spicy Tabasco

Hello together,

i have a Corsair 680X Case with a Node Pro and a Corsair Node Core.

The Case has 3x LL120 RGB Fans and my Corsair Hydro Series H100i RGB Platinum SE has 2x LL20 RGBFans.

I bought extra 2x QL140 RGB for the bottom and 1x ML140 Pro RGB for the back

I have already bought a Commander Pro.

How do i connect all the Fans right?

First part is easy. The 5 LL fans will go on the existing Commander Pro + RGB Hub. I am assuming these are the front three and top two. Put them on the hub in slot 1-5 in the order you want them to go (front bottom to top?). These will be accessed through the Commander Pro device in CUE. The Commander is replacing the Lighting Node Pro that came with the case.

Hopefully you bought the twin pack of QL140. If not, you may want to send them back and exchange it. You need the another lighting controller and the twin pack will come with a Lighting Node Core. This is the same as the Node Pro + Hub that came with the case, but it's in one box and only works for 1 set of fans. The two QL go here in slots 1-2. They will be accessed through the Core device in CUE.

You didn't want to make it easy and get a 3rd QL for the rear exhaust? If that ML in the rear is RGB, you are going to need yet another controller. If so, I would be looking for a single LL or single QL to stick back there and run from one of the other two controllers. A single LL is relatively inexpensive. If it is a non-RGB ML, then none of this matters and it connects to the Commander for fan power only.

Commander Pro and Fan power - The top two fans will stay on the splitter from the Platinum. It's fan controller will regulate those two. The remaining 6 go on the Commander. It does not matter what slots they go in. You will want to get them off the preset Quiet/ Balanced/Extreme as soon as you boot up. That is running off CPU temps and will make them ramp up and down. Performance Tab + to create a new custom curve. Change the sensor value to H100i Plat. Temp and use the three shape tools in the upper right corner of the graph to help match them to the cooler's behavior. That is only one option and long term you can do other things like GPU temp or use the Commander's 10K temp sensors to measure specific areas of the case.

Typically anything that doesn't break when you touch it works. The one thing to be aware of is a lot of triple splitters don't work or don't work consistently from boot to boot. You are better off saving the headache and sticking with 2 way PWM splitters. You do get some extensions if need (left bundle) so you can do short or long ones. While I initially didn't like them, I use the Noctua colored versions these days. Most of the appeal is the color to help me identify what it what in 12 fan build.