Corsair Community

Dominator Platinum. will it improve

ImtheBest

OK guys thank u everyone who helped me to pick this out. I do really appreciate everyone's hard work on this forum.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/dominator-platinum-with-corsair-link-connector-16gb-dual-channel-ddr3-memory-kit-cmd16gx3m2a2133c9

Now that i have this Will this improve anything from the Vengeance MOdel i have. Was it worth it for me to replace this modal and will i see alot of improvements is all that i'm asking here

Thank u Everyone

It depends upon your PC usage. If you were running out of memory before and your system started swapping, then doubling the amount of memory does help a lot to prevent this and thereby can speed things up. The additional bandwidth and reduced overall memory latency of DDR3-2133 vs DDR3-1866 is something you probably won't notice unless you are using applications that actually are heavily memory bandwidth dependent (e.g. compressing / decompressing large archives).

If you're ever upgrading to a newer gen processor from your i7-2600K, these CMD16GX3M2A2133C9 can be overclocked to DDR3-2400 no problem.

And what is that i need. I contacted The Tech support they where saying i need these 2 things in order for it to work. http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair-commander-mini

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/dominator-airflow-platinum-led-fan

But that still does not seem right to me As i Already have USB 2.0 hooked up to the Water Cooler h100 i so how would i connect the ram. I'm very lost to this new technology

Please help thank u

Here's the Motherboard i I'm using http://www.asrock.com/mb/intel/z77%20oc%20formula/

I need to UNstand this Right and make sure it works i don't want to start buying things that wont work. So if enyone could help me please on what i need to get Corsair Link working. with a video tut or guide to show me how this things hook up.

Thank U

Just to be clear, the Corsair Link program does not work with the memory modules. Their lighting is only altered with the light bar kit, available separately (blue/white).

The Corsair Link program does work with the Dominator memory fan system, allowing control of the memory fans and some lighting control. It also is an option extra and does come with some of the very high end kits. It's the red glowing piece in the promotions.

The Corsair Link program would tie in with your power supply, but I have never used it in that fashion. Perhaps someone else can walk you though it. I don't know enough about the controls on ASRock to gauge whether Link would be useful to you.

Just to be clear, the Corsair Link program does not work with the memory modules. Their lighting is only altered with the light bar kit, available separately (blue/white).

The Corsair Link program does work with the Dominator memory fan system, allowing control of the memory fans and some lighting control. It also is an option extra and does come with some of the very high end kits. It's the red glowing piece in the promotions.

The Corsair Link program would tie in with your power supply, but I have never used it in that fashion. Perhaps someone else can walk you though it. I don't know enough about the controls on ASRock to gauge whether Link would be useful to you.

Well Already use the Corsair Link for my h100i water cooler c-attack. And i was told by the Tech people that i needed them two things but it does not seem right to me. As i explained above.

If somebody with more knowledge please can help me on figuring this out please id be grateful.

I don't have a prblem with buying those two things but i do have a problem if i end up buying them and i just waste money and i can't hook it up.

I need a guide or somebody to explain how its hooks up please a video would be nice

Well Already use the Corsair Link for my h100i water cooler c-attack. And i was told by the Tech people that i needed them two things but it does not seem right to me. As i explained above.

If somebody with more knowledge please can help me on figuring this out please id be grateful.

I don't have a prblem with buying those two things but i do have a problem if i end up buying them and i just waste money and i can't hook it up.

I need a guide or somebody to explain how its hooks up please a video would be nice

Go to the product page and d/l the''download'' file

this shows connection and how to tips...

Hi wytnyt how are u. thanks but i have tried that. i didn't see anything that's helps. Again i'm trying to hook up the Dominator Platinum ram to Corsair Lin Software. And as a stated above the tech people told me what to get but it all does not make sense to me. I have out my motherboard in above. If u can help me on what i need to conncet to have the ram work with the LINK software or anyone please thank u

Sorry if it sounds i keep repeating myself guys i just need more info on this. What i need to hoo the corsair Link software up to the Ram. What the Tech guys told me to get does not sound right. I want to be able to use the Ram with the LInk software please somebody out there must have done this please help

Hi wytnyt how are u. thanks but i have tried that. i didn't see anything that's helps. Again i'm trying to hook up the Dominator Platinum ram to Corsair Lin Software. And as a stated above the tech people told me what to get but it all does not make sense to me. I have out my motherboard in above. If u can help me on what i need to conncet to have the ram work with the LINK software or anyone please thank u

While Ive not used it,The modules each connect to the airflow pro,and on the air flow pro theres one wire connection that connects to the Link...

its the red circle i step 3 for the LC connection

http://www.corsair.com/~/media/Corsair/download-files/manuals/How_To_Install_Airflow_Pro.pdf

While Ive not used it,The modules each connect to the airflow pro,and on the air flow pro theres one wire connection that connects to the Link...

its the red circle i step 3 for the LC connection

http://www.corsair.com/~/media/Corsair/download-files/manuals/How_To_Install_Airflow_Pro.pdf

They where telling me to get the http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair-commander-mini

And the airflow pro. But what i don't understand wytnyt is Both of them have USB 2.0 Right I'm i wrong or right. I already have the H100i water Cooler hooked up to a USB 2.0 so there are not enough USB 2.0 on the Motherboard for the airflow and commander mini. SO i can use the COrsair LInk with my 16 GB Dominator Platinum. My motherboard is AsRock Z77 OC Formula. Is that right what they told me to get . Its surprisingly that theres no guides on this a video tut would be nice from them.

I hope this help u a bit more then i said before and everyone else here that can help

Thank u everyone who has put ther effort in here to try and help me.

OK so I called Corsair Tech Support +1-888-222-4346 ext 702 And i got a guy on the phone. He said all's i needed was the Corsair Commander Mini and the Corsair Link Accessory Cable Kit to hook up the ram to the Link Software. He said all's i do is unplu the USB 2.0 from the motherboard to my H100i water cooling and plug the Commander mini USB 2.0 in the motherboard. Then just plug the USB 2.0 from the water cooling to the cammander. Is this right cuz i don't see a USB 2.0 plug on the commander in the screenshot on Corsiars site

Please help me somebody with this i really need help

Archived