Corsair Community

h150i pro fans

Sephe

Hello, i got a h150i pro that comes with "3 ml series" fans. Problem is, the middle one is doing some noticable wobble sound at lower speeds. I wanted to replace it, but noticed while the fans that come with it are around 1600 rpm, the ML120 is rated for 2000, so are those different ones?

If so, where to get the variant that comes with the h150i? Or is it the same and just regulated that way?

i mean, i would open an rma ticket for that one fan, but... so much effort. id just buy a new one to replace if i knew those are the same actually.

There are some subtle differences between the various ML modes, whether it is lighting type or speed. The ones that come with the H115i Pro and H150i Pro are sometimes refereed to as ML-Quiet, in accordance with their lower maximum. There is no retail equivalent -- exactly as given. The LED and non-LED PRO series are all high speed (2400). The ML120-RGB is a motor and blade match, except of course for the lighting.

So with no easy solution, I would suggest you do one of two things: 1) Wait for support to send you a new one. If you haven't opened the ticket, do it. Then wait. Probably OK if the sound isn't too bad and you don't really want to commit any more resources to this.

2) Replace them all with something more appealing -- whatever that is. RGB fans, all black ML PRO, something totally different. As long as it is a PWM fan, it should work with the H150i's fan controller. 3 Pin DC types would need to run from the motherboard.