Corsair Community

Synching a third fan with H100i Platinum RGB

Ben2000677

Hi there!

Is there a way to have the RGB of a third ML120 fan synchronize with the other 2 fans from the H100i Platinum AIO CPU cooler?

The Situation:

• I have a new setup in a Spec-Omega RGB case.
  • I'm using an H100i Platinum cooler and have bought an addition HD120 fan and a ML120 fan.
  • I am using iCUE to synch all the RGB

The Plan:

• have three HD120 fans in the rear and top of the case on the same RGB channel
  • have the two ML120 fans that come with the H100i cooler on the front of the case with a third additional fan below them all on the same channel

The Problem:

• The case only comes with one hub and lightning node pro
  • This means there is only one spare channel in iCUE for ALL the fans which aren't associated with a peripheral (the other channel is used by the spec omega's front LEDs)
  • Having two types of fans on one channel means I have to set them ALL to HD120s in iCUE which makes the third ML120 look strange next to the two from the cooler.

What's the most cost-efficient way to just get the front three fans to match each other? I don't really want to splurge on a commander pro. I was wondering if it was possible to get a splitter for the RGB channels of the H100i platinum fans and just slap the third ML120 into so it becomes part of the H100i RGB channel (almost like an H150i but with a shorter radiator). Or perhaps a hub can be used for them?

I just came on here as i was going to post a similar question, i have the H100i platinum and wanted to add a third fan and wondered if you could plug the a RGB fan hub into one of the 2 RGB outputs on the pump so splitting it into a 1+6 way controller ?

I guess that's a similar thing to you were asking as i also would like to avoid buying a Commander Pro.

You can put an RGB LED Fan Splitter on the ML from the cooler - then the 3rd fan would be identical to one of the cooler fans. Or you can put the extra ML fan on the hub. Or you can put ALL of the ML fans on the hub with the HD fans - the 3 ML fans would be configured as a single HD fan.

You can put an RGB LED Fan Splitter on the ML from the cooler - then the 3rd fan would be identical to one of the cooler fans. Or you can put the extra ML fan on the hub. Or you can put ALL of the ML fans on the hub with the HD fans - the 3 ML fans would be configured as a single HD fan.

An can you plug the fan hub into one of the pump RGB outputs and would the iCue software then control all fans individually assuming they are all the same fan type ?

Thanks

You can put an RGB LED Fan Splitter on the ML from the cooler - then the 3rd fan would be identical to one of the cooler fans.

it seems like this is the best way to have the three front ML fans configured as ML and the three HD fans configured as HD. Is there any downside to splitting the RGB if I do want the third ML fan to mimic the ML fans from the cooler?

Is there an RGB splitter for Corsair fans?

thanks for the help!

Edited by Ben2000677

• 6 months later...

I'm in the same situation, i have h100i platinum and I want to add a third fan to match the other two, the pump has only 2 RGB connectors.

You can put an RGB LED Fan Splitter on the ML from the cooler - then the 3rd fan would be identical to one of the cooler fans.

Where can I buy an RGB LED Fan Splitter?

I found some on ebay but the shipping costs are very high, 27€ for a splitter is too much.

Ι am thinking of making my own splitter. I'm planning to use a classic 4Pin PWM splitter and use male/female dupont wires to connect the individual pins, do you think it will work?

Edited by panospc

Ι am thinking of making my own splitter. I'm planning to use a classic 4Pin PWM splitter and use male/female dupont wires to connect the individual pins, do you think it will work?

Nope.

See my signature for a post with the correct part numbers.

Nope.

See my signature for a post with the correct part numbers.

Thank you.

One last question, the pump has 2 RGB connectors, the first one has 4 pins and the second one has 3 pins, can I connect the splitter to any of theme?