Corsair Community

Issues creating lighting profiles in CUE Software

ErwinsKitten

I recently bought a K95 RGB Platinum. I have been trying out making new profiles in CUE2 and I have run into two issues.

Firstly, when I assign keys to a lighting effect, I can select one key for the effect, or I can select as many as will fit within a given rectangular click and drag selection. However, if I wanted to add additional keys (say I selected the number keys in the top row, and also wanted to select the numpad keys), the first key or keys selected automatically deselect. It does not matter if I am in advanced or basic mode. The only work around is to use more lighting effects for each new region that I want to be the same color. If I wanted a checkerboard pattern, it would take me an unacceptable amount of time to make.

Secondly, I would like to be able to save profiles that I download from the internet to the on-board storage of the keyboard so that I could plug the keyboard into other computers and have that profile available. This seems impossible in the current software as I see no button anywhere to mirror, copy, or use a downloaded profile within the on-board storage. Further, there is no option to save a downloaded profile to the device directly. It seems I can only construct my own profiles with the "K95P HW"1,2, or 3 storage media selected already if I want to be able to save the profile to the keyboard since the "save profile to the device" button in the bottom left only shows up if these storage media are selected.

EDIT: Problem 1 is solved by holding ctrl. Problem 2 remains illusive.

Lighting effects from a software profile can be moved over to a hardware profile via the library although you would need to set all the key lighting layers again.

You can put in a suggestion for a "convert" feature that takes the lighting effects from a software profile to a hardware profile in the thread below.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=138328

Lighting effects from a software profile can be moved over to a hardware profile via the library although you would need to set all the key lighting layers again.

You can put in a suggestion for a "convert" feature that takes the lighting effects from a software profile to a hardware profile in the thread below.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=138328

Do you know if this was possible in previous versions of CUE? I just got this keyboard, so there have been no updates since I first started using it. Based on tutorial videos on YouTube, it looks to me like there once was no distinction between hardware and software profiles.

No it is not possible to move the lighting effects from a software profile to a hardware profile in a previous version of CUE.

Hardware profiles can be discriminated by the memory card image as the profile icon while software profiles will have the sails logo by default.

Archived