Corsair Community

Windows 10 fix

rallymewrx

After playing around for awhile, I figured out if you make a copy of

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Link\CorsairLink.exe"

named whatever you like - "corsairLink2.exe"

the program runs. Still, more testing is needed to find out current issues. But CLink can run on win10

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

There new shortcut trick worked for getting the app to run. The error message was funny says it might damage computer or destroy data.

Just did the registry fix and got the leds to work. Gpu fan speed only has default as an option, can't change to other speeds. I am running windows 10 x64 10134.

Registered to post the fix I discovered.

What I did to get it working 100% in Windows 10 was the following:

All of the following steps are performed after installation of Corsair Link

1) rename CorsairLink.exe to something else (I used CL.exe)

2) verify that Corsair Link is indeed running properly in the system tray

3) when attempting to show the actual Corsair Link windows, you'll be greeted with the above-posted .net error

4) make a copy of the executable and rename it to the original filename CorsairLink.exe

You'll now see that the program will open properly and load properly upon Windows boot and it is now able to find CorsairLink.exe which avoids the .NET error. I just figured this out myself on a friend's pc and it's working flawlessly with both the previous version of the CL link and the latest (3.1.5570)

It seems like CorsairLink.exe is just basically on a blacklist in Windows 10 for the time being. Renaming seems to get around that, and creating a copy allows the UI to function properly after the program is loaded.

• 1 month later...
It's actually being fixed. The Windows 10-compatible version is due any day now.

Yeah, because it wouldn't have been advantageous to have a fix out months ago for insiders to test for you. Nothing like waiting to the last minute...

Sorry, I'm still having problems...

Running commander mini, win 10 and the latest corsair link, no watercooling, no start on startup, tried doing the copy thing.

Starting link shows a crash error then it starts with all the gauges showing zero, sometimes another set of gauges down the bottom sometimes not.

I'm having this error on a clean win10 install (using a sysprep migration).

Have just upgraded to the latest Corsairlink software, still get the .NET error on startup.

Is there something in the registry I need to delete?

I'm having this error on a clean win10 install (using a sysprep migration).

Have just upgraded to the latest Corsairlink software, still get the .NET error on startup.

Is there something in the registry I need to delete?

start Task Scheduler, you will find corsar link scheduler have damaged.

use registry edit, search "start corsair link" and then remove it.

(have 2 entry)

then problem solved.

My secondary rig, where I have Link installed, hangs the OS (complete lock up) when it is installing the USB Bus driver. Does anyone know if this is related to this discussion topic or something else?

Secondary rig specs:

CPU

Intel Core i7 3930k

Motherboard

RAMPAGE IV EXTREME

RAM

Samsung 30nm 4 x 4GB sticks

Graphics

ASUS GTX 590

Audio

HT| OMEGA eCLARO

Hard Drive

SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB

Hard Drive

300GB WD Velociraptor (4 in RAID 0)

Hard Drive

1TB WD Green

Optical Drive

LG GH24NS90B 24X SATA Internal Super Multi DVD Writer Burner DVDRW Optical Drive

Optical Drive

LG GH24NS90B 24X SATA Internal Super Multi DVD Writer Burner DVDRW Optical Drive

OS

Windows 10 Pro x64

Power

Corsair TX650

Cooling

Corsair H110i GT

Keyboard

Ducky Shine II - w/ Brown Cherry MX w/ English + Chinese Key Caps)

Mouse

RAZER DeathAdder

Audio

TRITTON AX Pro Dolby Digital 5.1 True Surround Sound Headset With 8 Precision Speakers – XBOX/PS3/PC

Mouse Pad

X Trac Ripper

Monitor

LG 24" Flatron

Case

Nanoxia Deep Silence 2

Archived