Corsair Community

iCUE kills AX1500i Fan speed

MigitMD

So I've got a small problem with my rig; the iCUE software keeps my AX1500i fan speed at 0. Normally I run Corsair LINK to keep the fan speed going so it doesn't overheat, but when i install iCUE, it overrides Corsair link and flatlines the fan speed.

other posts have indicated that other power supplies are seen, but the fanspeed is 0ed out. Why is that? Is there a way to kick iCUE in the rear and let the fan speed going to the curve that's set or is it going to be a stubborn child and just stay at 0?

I specifically bought the power supply because it had monitoring capabilities and because of the power house that my rig is.

So my question to you all is this: is there a way to fix this, is it being worked on? or do i have to uninstall iCUE yet again to get functionality back?

Honestly, if iCUE is supposed to be all powerful and great, why doesn't it work correctly? I do have a dark core mouse that is only seen by iCUE, but i'm willing to sacrifice it's advanced functionality to keep my PSU fan on. (with Corsair link being in control, it sits at 27 c idle. With iCUE in control, it rises to 37 c.)

Currently, i'm gonna forgoe the iCUE software and get my functionality back. I'd like to get the PSU fan going and have my mouse working to it's fullest...

Don't know really what you're on about, but at idle and with no real powerusage, the fans stay off to save power and noise. That's how it works.

Why would you want to make that fan run all the time when it's not needed ?

Eh, no. I'm not risking my system on that theory. I want the fan running to keep it cool. I also already mentioned the whys and problems, please re-read my post.

Eh, no. I'm not risking my system on that theory. I want the fan running to keep it cool. I also already mentioned the whys and problems, please re-read my post.

If you really want to have your PSU's fan running more aggressively, you'll need to build a custom fan curve under ICUE.

• Open ICUE,
  • Click the AX1500i PSU icon,
  • Expand the "Performance" list on the left,
  • Click the "+" to define a new fan curve,
  • Ensure the "Sensor" drop-down to "AX1500i Temp",
  • Optional - modify the fan curve points to your liking, and
  • Finally with the new fan curve selected in the list, click the "Fan" box next to the picture of the PSU so it turns yellow.

If you really want to have your PSU's fan running more aggressively, you'll need to build a custom fan curve under ICUE.

• Open ICUE,
  • Click the AX1500i PSU icon,
  • Expand the "Performance" list on the left,
  • Click the "+" to define a new fan curve,
  • Ensure the "Sensor" drop-down to "AX1500i Temp",
  • Optional - modify the fan curve points to your liking, and
  • Finally with the new fan curve selected in the list, click the "Fan" box next to the picture of the PSU so it turns yellow.

Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted to know. I'll post an update later to see if it sticks.