Corsair Community

H100i RGB Platinum 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler Fan #1 iCue Performance Problem

tecnical

I can't control the performance of the Fan #1 speed in the ICUE software no matter what setting I put the fan on in performance. Fan #2 working fine across all profiles (Quiet, Balanced, Extreme and Zero RPM). Fan #1 runs around at a consistent 2740 even when Zero RPM is selected. Please can I get assistance I’m not sure if this is an actual hardware issue now. I attached a video along with this post so you can get a better clearer understanding. [ame]
[/ame] Thank you

Disconnect fan #1 from the the splitter and then reconnect it. Sometimes you get poor contact and the PWM signal doesn't reach.

If that does not change anything, swap the two fans on the headers. See if the 100% speed stays with fan #1 or travels over to fan #2. We are looking to see if the problem is with the fan or on the splitter.

Disconnect fan #1 from the the splitter and then reconnect it. Sometimes you get poor contact and the PWM signal doesn't reach.

If that does not change anything, swap the two fans on the headers. See if the 100% speed stays with fan #1 or travels over to fan #2. We are looking to see if the problem is with the fan or on the splitter.

Honestly, I’ve been changing the power connect between the two fans all day for like 2 hours to try and get it to work. I’ve switched the headers between fan and it still not working properly. Fan #2 is now at a consistent 2740. I think it’s the actual header from the pump then which mean the hardware is defective…

425765235_icuefanproblem.thumb.PNG.df16a7ba8372b55f503a549165753c03.PNG

No, if Fan #1 is locked at 2700 rpm, you swap the connections and it moves to fan #2, then the problem is on the fan. Most likely a defect or break in the PWM signal wire or connector. Contact Corsair Support. The Platinum comes with special high speed ML fans not available at retail.

Short term solutions - if you have any random PWM splitter around, you can run it from either connector 1 or 2 with both fans connected to the new splitter. Make sure 'the working fan' is connected to the 4 pin connector. Put the misbehaving one on the 3 pin. They should both run at the same speed.

If you want to test the AIO splitter or its controller further, grab any other PWM fan you have lying around. Connect it to either fan channel 1 or 2. It should respond. If you click the + in the Performance tab, it will create a new "cooling mode" or custom curve. That has controls for fixed PWM % and RPM that make testing this easier.

No, if Fan #1 is locked at 2700 rpm, you swap the connections and it moves to fan #2, then the problem is on the fan. Most likely a defect or break in the PWM signal wire or connector. Contact Corsair Support. The Platinum comes with special high speed ML fans not available at retail.

Short term solutions - if you have any random PWM splitter around, you can run it from either connector 1 or 2 with both fans connected to the new splitter. Make sure 'the working fan' is connected to the 4 pin connector. Put the misbehaving one on the 3 pin. They should both run at the same speed.

If you want to test the AIO splitter or its controller further, grab any other PWM fan you have lying around. Connect it to either fan channel 1 or 2. It should respond. If you click the + in the Performance tab, it will create a new "cooling mode" or custom curve. That has controls for fixed PWM % and RPM that make testing this easier.

OH okay yes it the same fan that doesn't stop spinning so pretty much concluided it one of the fans that are faulty Ill contact corsiar support now.

Dude I fixed it!!!!!!! upon tinkering around taking the fan splitter off and connecting it back to the normal header one of the fan pins completely came out of the shell. So, I stuck it back in along with something pointy to push it back in properly and whallaaaaaa. Both fans can now be controlled it just want making proper connection with one of the pin headers. Thank you so much for your help c-attack I really appreciate it. (Solved)

Edited by tecnical