Corsair Community

Lighting node pro Issue

izaya.orihara

Hello all, I just recently join and i do believe im posting in the right area, apologies if im in the complete wrong area as I cant seem to navigate this website well at all lol, I have a computer that i built myself running onm a lighting node pro with 5 HD120 fans connected to one channel and 8 LED strips connected to the other, I am aware that a single channel can only support 4 LED strips but I had seen a user comment a work around by setting the lighting channel to thinking it was LL series fans in order to light up all 8 strips and that worked for me up until yesterday, i had to disassemble the pc for some upgrades (vertical gpu mount, cable management, cleaning, ect)and I had not touched the lighting node outside of disconnecting it from the 4 LED strips connected to my desk outside of the pc while the other 4 are inside the case. After finishing up I had reconnected the cable to the outside LED but the node pro no longer lights any of the strips and will no longer do so regardless of anything ive tried. Has anyone had any experience with this and can tell me what im doing/ what might have went wrong? Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this

First, the Lighting Node Pro supports up to 6 strips, no issue. It's even supported in iCUE.

Second, and more importantly, there is a reason that it only supports 6 strips and it has to do with the amount of power (current) that the LEDs can draw. Six strips will take you to the max. 7 strips, 8 strips are both over. Now, I'm not sure where you saw the suggestion to configure the LNP as LL strips to put more on there but whoever suggested it just caused you to blow a fuse in your Lighting Node Pro. So ... that channel is dead.

You have a couple of options here. The simplest, really, is to switch the fans and the strips on your Lighting Node Pro. The Fans don't draw or require power from the LNP channel so the blown fuse won't be an issue. It'll still generate the control signal and allow you to control fans. I have an LNP in daily use that's in just such a situation. I would, however, strongly suggest that you scale back to 6 strips or you will, sooner or later, wind up with another blown fuse.

The other options is to replace it, of course. But that's up to you.

I appreciate the reply but as I didnt realize i forgot to mention the 4 strips in the case still work so if the node had a blown fuse then why would the 4 inner strips still be working but not the 4 outer ones? Im following what your saying and i appreciate the reply but if the channel has only one fuse then it couldn't have blown if 4 strips are still functional, and i also tried to scale it down to 6 strips but still no luck, only 4 strips inside the case will light. Edited by izaya.orihara

I had removed all strips and extension cables and i believe it was one of the extension cables causing the issue, im using the same method as before by tricking the node into thinking they're LL series fans and they are all lit once again, Thank you for taking time to respond, I appreciate it